Ram 2500/3500 Info

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
What perks does a PW have over a normal 2500/3500?

Electric front and rear diff lockers, front winch and able to disconnect the sway bar? Anything else?

PW gets:
-2" higher suspension and softer coils
-Electronic locking front and rear differentials with a helical mechanical LSD in the rear diff
-285/75R17D Goodyear Duratrac AT's
-Unique Forged Alcoa 17x8 rims with safety bead lip
-softer front and rear sway bars with electronic disconnect on front sway bar
-4.11 gears
-Manual shift BW 44-47 transfer case
-Articu-link front radius arms
-long-travel Bilstein shocks and anti-hop damper
-Warn M12000 Winch with 150ft of 7/16 cable
-Bed-lined front bumper
-Unique interior and badges

putting a cai on a 5.7 would bump you right up to near the 6.4.so probably not.different tune? i think the 5.7 truck/car are tuned different.i drive mostly with the tow/haul engaged because my camper is on the truck more than it isn't and the revs stay higher.

The 6.4 is also a medium duty engine, rated to operate at peak horsepower its entire life and have a 500,000 mile overhaul interval, like the cummins. The 6.4 Big Gas is a very different engine than the 392/6.4 found in the cars. its more Hellcat engine with no blower than anything, sharing the same super high flow heads that the Hellcat does. The heads can flow A LOT more air than the engine can make use of right now, and I'm sure headers, exhaust and cam would be worth a lot of horsepower.

Last edited:

Oilbrnr

Which is?

My old 3500 long bed, leafs with overloads was a beast......never sagged

Oh he's digging at Marshal's explanation of the PW's differentiations. They have a lower payload capacity for a reason. Same thing happens with a Raptor. Seems a difficult concept for some to grasp.

Last edited:

hemifoot

Observer
what's to grasp.it's a 2500 with the payload of a 1500.great truck until you need to put something in it.i can go anywhere in my slt that a power wagon can go and do it a hell of a lot cheaper..

D45

Explorer
I found two nice 2015s with the 6.4L

What's the difference between a Big Horn package and an SLT

Both have the same miles but one truck is nearly $4,000 more

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
The 6.4 is also a medium duty engine, rated to operate at peak horsepower its entire life and have a 500,000 mile overhaul interval, like the cummins.

never have I heard that about the 6.4 hemi. Got a link to back up those claims?

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
never have I heard that about the 6.4 hemi. Got a link to back up those claims?
i dont - this info was passed to me that the 6.4 was built to the same load and overhaul interval as the Cummins by a Chrysler engineer.

the PW will carry more payload then the cummins 2500 will carry with the right airbag setup. No heavy diesel
its purely in the design of the soft taller springs. everything else about the drivetrain is built the same.
the factory may say no, but its being done over and over.

the PW will carry more payload then the cummins 2500 will carry with the right airbag setup. No heavy diesel
its purely in the design of the soft taller springs. everything else about the drivetrain is built the same.
the factory may say no, but its being done over and over.

Thats like a false-positive.

You can mod the truck however you want to, but in the end you can't change what the door sticker says.

Kevin

hemifoot

Observer
we've been over this before.the pw is what it is.you can lol all you want,still doesn't change the fact that it's true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier