Ram 1500 build help

Bluestreakram

Hey guys,

Totally new to Expedition Portal but I'm finally glad to have found some people that are building stuff that is my style finally.

So I picked up a Ram 1500 recently and want to make an overland build for the east coast. I will primarily be going to uwharrie national park in NC. First thing I wanted to do with the truck was change out the lift kit. I bought the truck and found out it has a 3" front/2" rear spacer lift on it that rides like garbage. My two options are either: go for a zone or superlift 4" kit or go with an Icon stage 2 kit which would bet me between 2.5-3" of lift.

The truck has 40k miles so if I did the zone lift I would be using stock suspension until things started to wear out and then I would replace them over time. With the icon kit it would replace my front struts, rear shocks, and rear coils. Eventually, sooner rather than later, I would also swap out my upper control arms to correct for the lift from the icons.

So I guess my question is should I go with a 4" kit from zone that puts me on stock suspension parts for now but all the front and rear angles would be corrected or go icon which would replace most of the suspension components except for the UCA's for now?

Thanks for any help I can get!

Grassland

I'd personally go ICON and new UCAs, I'd wager the OEM UCAs aren't going to handle much more.

A 4" lift is a cut/drop cross member lift. Why bother when you can fit 35s on a 2" proper strut lift? Your cross member will still be the same lowest point on the truck after a 4" lift.

What size tires are you wanting to run? Different offset wheels or anything?

Icon is expensive to be fair.

*Edit* I guess the only real benefit I see from a drop cross member lift kit is keeping OEM front CV angles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz