Rally Diabolico - Altar Desert, Sonora, Mexico

toddz69

Explorer
This interesting event was announced a few weeks ago:

www.rallydiabolico.com

As close to Dakar as you'll get in this part of the world. Overland Journal did a feature on this area last year. Scott Whitney, one of the organizers, has done a great job putting together our route books for the NORRA 1000 the past number of years and he's doing the same for this event.

Todd Z.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Wow looks like something that will be less vehicle dependant and more on the driver....could be a really fun event.
looking forward to seeing what the entry cost will be

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Keep us posted about the need for support...
If Ozrockrat can't make it I might be able to...I speak spanish, ICU RN, Wilderness EMT and run a rig with fridge/awning and all the goodies....just not the amount of space Oz has in his killer setup.

As much as I would like to compete in this it sounds a bit rough for my rig so support would be fun.

Looking forward to more info.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Bugger !!! Looks like I am out. Runs right over my anniversary and that is one date I don't mess with.

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
This will be interesting to follow. North American needs more of these type events. Perhaps US is too litigious to support, but Canada may be a good venue.

BlueCoyote

Observer
Is anyone here thinking of campaigning a vehicle in this event?

I am.

We have the vehicle - Can Am Maverick XRS, caged, race built - and most of the equipment. Just waiting on event fees and rules to pull the trigger. From what I have read navigation and vehicle reliability will be key to finishing.

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
Doubtful we'll make it to compete this year, not enough time to sort a truck (and not quit my day job...) but may try and spectate, if all possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles