RagnarD's M101A3 Build

JamesC

Adventurer
Came to see your build. Back on page 1 I was going to suggest hammock poles seeing your fabrication,but in tension. Great idea using the truck. I'm considering fabbing something similar to this one from tacomaworld off the 200 bumpers for one and the m1101 for another:

RagnarD

Adventurer
Good idea for hammock poles. Would be nice to have a set on each side of trailer, or truck, or both.

Will keep an eye out on I20 for you heading to Mexico. Live in DFW as well.

WarPig BBQ

Wheels and tires

Great build Ragnar! I'm actually going to pick a trailer up this weekend to use for my comp BBQ team. Just out of curiosity, why did you get rid of the original wheels and tires in the beginning?

RagnarD

Adventurer
Thank you.

It was an easy way to lower the trailer 3.5". Also, those military 37" tires are not really meant for more than 55 mph. Tows a lot better with truck tires/wheels that are balanced.

RagnarD

Adventurer
Got a few questions over on SS, posting the info here as well. Fender has ~1/2" lip so tire is ~1/2" inside of the lip (about as wide as I would want to go for debris control. Tire will obviously never get close to the fender.

Wheels are GM 16" with 5" of back spacing (inside of rim to hub surface). Tires are 245-75-16.

i-JH4HJJP-M.jpg

i-GntZNXF-M.jpg

Last edited:

RagnarD

Adventurer
Been away from site for a while. Just an updataed pic of the rig all set up in its current form. Have some plans for more work on it in 2023...

i-TSBmxmk-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz