Radio Interface Options

mightymo

Observer
Howdy folks. I really need to upgrade my radio/screen interface on my 2012 G550. I have no idea what I'm looking for really, but something that has BT, easy USB charging, a decent screen, and possibly something that I can incorporate with aftermarket mapping software (i.e. iPad type set up??). Like I said, I dont even know where to start so any pictures and specs that you can provide of your set-ups would be greatly appreciated.

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
Are you averse to Android based systems? If not, there's quite a few that are available that look completely OEM when parked. I believe Seicane is one of the more popular ones. My G's radio is in some Bermuda triangle of zero plug and play replacement options so I had to go a different route that is bluetooth music only.

creede

Any double din solution will work. If you are an apple guy, look for CarPlay compatibility. I have an older alpine and love it. It runs GAIA for all my off-road navigation. Capacitive touch makes it super responsive. I don't have any cameras hooked up but a rear camera or trail camera would be an easy add.

mightymo

Observer
Any double din solution will work. If you are an apple guy, look for CarPlay compatibility. I have an older alpine and love it. It runs GAIA for all my off-road navigation. Capacitive touch makes it super responsive. I don't have any cameras hooked up but a rear camera or trail camera would be an easy add.

Thanks. Did you install it yourself? All my stuff is Apple, so Apple CarPlay is ideal.

I'm terrible at the electronic stuff. Was also trying to look into an iPad option...

N8TURE

I have a n Alpine Halo ilx-309 new in the box if your looking for a bigger screen. Asking $875 shipped.

creede

Thanks. Did you install it yourself? All my stuff is Apple, so Apple CarPlay is ideal.

I'm terrible at the electronic stuff. Was also trying to look into an iPad option...

I didn't. I had a big box store do it. I assume it's fairly straightforward though.

periodcorrect

6AB9E05B-4455-4A0C-9DE3-42985563017B.jpegC20D4EDD-EC30-4962-92CD-C177E3B17254.jpeg14619888-9FB1-4301-82C6-46F520FF3F16.jpeg
Had this installed today in my 2011. Love it. Plug and play, DMP Designs 10.25” android screen. Factory lower screen remains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior