Radiator question ford e series

i have the radiator out of my van (along with a whole bunch of other stuff) and a new radiator to go back in, its a 2006 e-150 4.6L.

the factory radiator i took out is just one row thick, as is the replacement i bought to go back in.

thinking some extra coolant capacity couldn't be a bad thing, and looking at radiators for say a e250, with a 5.4 the radiator appears to be 2 rows thick/deep. anyone know if the radiator will fit direct into my e150?

from the pics/description, it seems like the trans cooler(warmer) line fittings on the radiator may be a different size, but other than that it looks the same to me.

appreciate the input.

spurious

It is a direct fir as long as it's not out of a 5.4 cutaway with the 5r110.( The trans lines are larger )The theory of more rows means more cooling but apparently is not the case.. the last few radiators I purchased were single row. When I questioned them (performance radiator) they said they were redesigned and are more efficient than the doubles.... I have never had an issue in all the ford vans I've had of them over heating.

I agree that it's never been an issue in the past, and let's face it the sheer frontal area of the ford e series radiator is MASSIVE. I've done many a radiator on way more badder asser cars with smaller radiator size/volume.

Just thinkin for the extra $30, if that extra row is worthwhile or not.

86scotty

Cynic
If you want a ginormous radiator for your e-series get a mid 90's 460 radiator. I replaced mine in my 95 SMB (twice actually, long story) and they are huge. I have no idea if you'd have a space problem between the engine/shroud and radiator (front to back) but all E-series are the same body and frame-size so it should fit. You might have to modify hoses a bit but that's easy.

I'm not lookin for a HUGE radiator, fact is, the stock radiator is massive, and likely to be just fine, if I think I will order the 5.4 radiator and send the e150 4.6 back.

Couldn't hurt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior