RADFLO coilovers/shocks?

DesertFront

CONFUSED!
I want to run these on my new rig I will be getting soon because they are rebuildable. Anybody have these, rebuilt these? Are they worth the extra money?

aerofab

Worth it, IMHO.

Its like night and day between stock and a set of Radflos. They provide far better control of the vehicle. From highway bumps, to crawling on rocks, literally everything about the ride dynamics on my truck were improved. I dont even run a swaybar and they provide enough support to control major body roll. The kicker for me was when my wife told me that she was really glad I put them on the truck.

DesertFront

CONFUSED!
So we have a "get lost" and one nay, one yay.

I think I'll give them a try and see. It's that they're rebuildible is what I like about them.

RangeBrover

Explorer
A few of the guys running the LC200 have them and are very happy with them so far. You'll find more info over on mud.

Pretty popular lower cost (but not at the sake of quality) alternative to Icon in the FJ community. I'm fond of mine. I had 5100s on my first FJ and was happy with them but the thought of removing and reinstalling them to adjust height was a no-go for me the second time around. Radflo for me was a cost effective alternative with a good reputation.

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
I put them (2.5" remote reservoirs) on my 80 series recently and love them. Talk to Mike or Glenn at radflo. They handle the washboards and light crawling just the way I requested them to. I may do one revalve after some more time on the dirt but right now I feel they handle amazing. Body roll was greatly reduced, off camber sections feel more secure and I can hit dips/washes much faster and controlled with my 80 loaded down (roughly 6-6.5k pounds).

DesertFront

CONFUSED!
Thanks guys, I'm probably gonna be getting my truck next week and these are on my short list. I'll go about 2" lift and some 33's

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
You may know this already but I'll put it out there anyway...:)

It's a really good idea to give the shock manufacturer the actual weight of your vehicle and tell them the style of driving you'll mostly be doing with it. I'd highly recommend that you also measure your shock length compressed and extended and give that to them as well. This way they can built specific to your vehicle and your type of driving.

Kuma632

Observer
+1 For Radflo. I've had the 2.0s on the front of the Frontier for 4+ yrs, zero probs.
With the right spring and aftermarket UCA I'm very pleased. We wanted something more
aggressive on the trials but that didn't compromise amazing hwy handling. The 3" SL parts w/ Radflo
PRGreg (knows his Nissans) put together is exactly what I was looking for. Good value.
Someone that has had them longer or crawls/desert runs a lot will have to give insight
as to longevity, rebuild, etc. Let me know if you want more info. Update us on what you decide.

Bless, ~B

DesertFront

CONFUSED!
+1 For Radflo. I've had the 2.0s on the front of the Frontier for 4+ yrs, zero probs.
With the right spring and aftermarket UCA I'm very pleased. We wanted something more
aggressive on the trials but that didn't compromise amazing hwy handling. The 3" SL parts w/ Radflo
PRGreg (knows his Nissans) put together is exactly what I was looking for. Good value.
Someone that has had them longer or crawls/desert runs a lot will have to give insight
as to longevity, rebuild, etc. Let me know if you want more info. Update us on what you decide.

Bless, ~B

I was actually thinking Nisstec radflo OE ultimate with the AAL's and radflo emulsion upgrade rear. I doubt I'd be crawling much but would be trailing a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94