Quit my job, sold my stuff, packed up the dogs and went on the road!

dawnhoyden

Observer
I told my other doggie, Argos, that he's going to break my heart in around 13 years (knock on wood) and that he's a jerk. <3

dawnhoyden

Observer
Forward Motion

Last week, I came back to Prescott, Arizona in order to take Pugsly to her vet. I got her ashes back on Wednesday and the little container will travel with us to our new town and my new jobby job in June. I decided it is logical to stay in here, where I have WiFi, in order to secure a home in my new town before I continue on this adventure. [ 114 more words ]

http://no-destination.org/index.php/2017/04/08/forward-motion/

unkamonkey

Explorer
It's a tough row to hoe and I've lost a few critter friends in my time. I go across the street about every day to scratch my 4 fuzzy friends over there. Take care of Argos and we know your pain.

dawnhoyden

Observer
Thanks, unkamonkey and bigskypilot! and Hi Big Jake!
Argos got to check out the Bonneville Salt Flats Speedway the other day - tho it was more of a lake post-thunderstorm. Will post pics soonish!

T4R@DNA

Observer
Wow! I don't know you, but your story inspiring me. Most of us living in our modern society get so attach to the rat race and forgot to live life. I live in Northern California in the mix of hi tech boom, but I'm not in the hi tech.I'm in the food service industry owning my own cafe Called Black Diamond Cafe in Emeryville. Instagram: black_Diamond_cafe. I share your story about dog, I lost my buddy white Lab Baul... a few year back and know the feeling. I do travel 4-5 yrs. with my 2 labs just to get out and recharge. If you ever in the area...let me (dave) via Instagram and stop by the cafe. IMG_6441.jpg

dawnhoyden

Observer
Wow! I don't know you, but your story inspiring me. Most of us living in our modern society get so attach to the rat race and forgot to live life. I live in Northern California in the mix of hi tech boom, but I'm not in the hi tech.I'm in the food service industry owning my own cafe Called Black Diamond Cafe in Emeryville. Instagram: black_Diamond_cafe. I share your story about dog, I lost my buddy white Lab Baul... a few year back and know the feeling. I do travel 4-5 yrs. with my 2 labs just to get out and recharge. If you ever in the area...let me (dave) via Instagram and stop by the cafe. View attachment 397119

HI!

Emeryville?! I lived there with my dad my last year of high school! Neat! and Thanks, I'd love to visit!

It's super easy to get tunnel vision. Also, there's a huge fear factor of leaving what one knows and going to the unknown. Funny thing for me, being on the road is more known than jobby job settled down life! But even so, you get routines and used to a perceived safe bubble. That isn't bad, I just prefer to make sure I'm choosing the bubble or the road or wherever I am. Easier said than done. Eight years went by before I left Chicago. And three years of yearning to leave Arizona before I made the jump. That all said, I somehow landed a jobby job starting in June. ha! I'm ready for a new chapter, so this will be interesting. Also, it's closer to my mom, and that's important to me.

Sorry about your Lab Baul! :-( I'm not sure if it was here, or on another thread (I'm too lazy to look back) but someone posted this for me and it's sweet.

http://weruletheinternet.com/2011/05/24/a-dogs-purpose-according-to-a-6-year-old/

I like your rig and your pups! Will look you up when I visit the Bay Area!

T4R@DNA

Observer
HI!

Emeryville?! I lived there with my dad my last year of high school! Neat! and Thanks, I'd love to visit!

It's super easy to get tunnel vision. Also, there's a huge fear factor of leaving what one knows and going to the unknown. Funny thing for me, being on the road is more known than jobby job settled down life! But even so, you get routines and used to a perceived safe bubble. That isn't bad, I just prefer to make sure I'm choosing the bubble or the road or wherever I am. Easier said than done. Eight years went by before I left Chicago. And three years of yearning to leave Arizona before I made the jump. That all said, I somehow landed a jobby job starting in June. ha! I'm ready for a new chapter, so this will be interesting. Also, it's closer to my mom, and that's important to me.

Sorry about your Lab Baul! :-( I'm not sure if it was here, or on another thread (I'm too lazy to look back) but someone posted this for me and it's sweet.

http://weruletheinternet.com/2011/05/24/a-dogs-purpose-according-to-a-6-year-old/

I like your rig and your pups! Will look you up when I visit the Bay Area!

Thanks! Your rig looks Awesome. After all they both Toyota. Please sure to looks us up. I'll follow you on Instagram.

dawnhoyden

Observer
Thoughts of Home

Leaving Death Valley I came across a pair of coyotes. One was on the left, and the other on the right. They could not reach each other for the traffic, but eventually, the one on the left made it safely across. It's so beautiful out here, but a big part of me just wants to go home. And then there are days where I just want to drive. [ 174 more words ]

http://no-destination.org/index.php/2017/04/25/thoughts-of-home/

dawnhoyden

Observer
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are*

* In the immortal words of Buckaroo Banzai.

It wasn't until my dad's death in 2006 that I truly understood what that phrase meant. Seems I had the emphasis on the wrong word for years. I'd been saying, "No matter where you go, there you are." and kind of interpreted it as some kind of zen travel directive. But it's supposed to be, "No matter where&#8230; [ 316 more words ]

http://no-destination.org/index.php/2017/05/08/no-matter-where-you-go-there-you-are/

13735646_10208962536614978_1621801270700619610_o.jpg

Ashton

Was meandering through old posts and wanted to check on your adventuring! Did that jobby job kill your traveling ideas?

dawnhoyden

Observer
Hiya, Ashton!

I was on the road for around 5 months and got the jobby job. I have been at a desk computer cubicle for 9 months now and as much as I like my coworkers and job, I'm ready to get back West. Most of the work I do is with people who aren't at this site, so it's all via my computer and phone. But my company recently did a huge pulling back of remote workers into offices, so the chance of me turning this into a remote job is slim.

I'm hoping to transfer somewhere West-er and then at least I can adventure on weekends and holidays again.
This area is campering prohibitive! Here with the ticks and bitey bugs and sauna-like summer outdoors nights and lack of public lands... it's not ideal.
Plus, twisty roads aren't close for motorcycling, and there's no dirt to ride!
What was I thinkin'?!?! :)

That all said, it's been nice being closer to my mom, and having some down-time for planning and plotting hasn't been all bad.
After Pugsly died, I adopted a shih-tzu to be company for Argos doggie, so we load up with bug spray and go for hikes, and summer kayaking is nice here.
(I still wanna go back to where I can happily camper and ride tho ;) )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz