Quigley Lift?

dinobody

Observer
Looking at my Quigley front end and was wondering why you couldn't have someone like Alcan make some springs to give it a 1.5 to 2.0 inch boost?? My guess is you guys have some thoughts on this.
Thanks,
Doug

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Seems simple, but it isn't. The lower links would need to be replaced with some longer or preferably adjustable units, and the trac bar may need to be lengthened.

dsw4x4

Adventurer
Lifting a Quigley a few inches is pretty easy I will have a suspensions system for these vans available in the next week or two. The links do not need to be changed out for a few inches of lift. A stiffer spring taller spring with the correct shock valving makes the vans a lot easier to drive and whole lot more fun.
Derek

OBORG

Observer
Quiglys van lift

There is a lot more than just adding springs and shocks.
I have been working on a 6"suspension lift on my van. I tried to only use springs and shocks. To get the ride we all are looking for here is what it takes.
Rear add a leaf,longer shocks valving is based on your van weight,front new spings, longer shocks, new lower control arm mount ( shock mount) 36" lower control arms, 27" upper control arms, new longer adjustable track bar and relocating mounts, new frame control arm mounts, new trans support for front driver shaft clearance, new front sway bar,. With all this you get the handling and ride control. That we all should have when we pick are quiglys up from quiglys .
Mine is is running on 35" tires, and loaded,and pulling my rock buggy.
I all most sold my van after driving it. But after reading about all the quiglys van owners complaining about ride and driving control I set out to solve this problem. And I have done that. And for those that want a bigger tire (problem is solved). And for those that like the factory ride height .I'm working on the front springs and the right valving shocks. The biggest problem I see is having to figure out the different valving for the different weight of the vans.
We are really close in rolling out the up grade lift kits.
I would not sell my van now for any amount of money.

Last edited:

shawn_nj

Observer
Keep us posted guys.

OBORG:
Very interested in what you come up with in your stock ride height system. I think there are a good amount of other quig owners like me who dont need to run 35's, or offroad hard. But who would like it to handle better on the road and take ruts and bumps better when offroad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles