Quigley 4x4 E series cutaway for 2021 with 7.3 gas

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Remember we have at least three price levels, pre covid, covid, and post covid! Most builders will capitalize on demand. Thats Biz! Can't blame them.

Watching a build by Total Composites, on a transit, don't quote me here, and maybe they will jump in, but I think they were at about $100k. Of course there was no labor costs included.

BINGO!

Integrated Overland Camper is something different for everyone. Most of us don't have the time, or skill set for a complete DIY, but would like to find a builder that would be flexible enough to incorporate at least some of our ideas/needs.
I think that will come in this industry, probably in the post covid market! Count me in when and if it happens.

Most of our customers manage to built their vehicles for a total of 75.000-150.000. It's pretty much all up to you how fancy and expensive you go. Our own transit was around CAD$80.000. We are constantly adding stuff and that number can change with each customer and layout. For example: We paid CAD$30.000 for our 2019cab chassis cut away. The 2021 with AWD is coming in at close to CAD$55.000. That's a HUGE difference.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
For the folks bashing the "new diesels and all their problems"

Check out the TFL YouTube regarding the 7.3 gasser everyone had a ********** for and their thoughts on the issues that are keeping it out of service with unavailable parts that cant get their hands on to fix it...

Just Saying...

All vehicles have issues... There is no magic potion for any of them

Wallygator

Adventurer
Yeah it's a new motor those minor issues will go away, the problems with the diesels won't cuz the EPA ruined diesels in America. YMMV.

That said, this is good news that the new motor is going into the cutout. I will keep saving for my Sportsmobile. (y)

Big Rudy

Re EKKO, the specs say sleeps four in the smaller 22A. Its probably me missing it, but where are the other two sleeping?

You do have to give Winnabago credit, someone is listening...

martinf

Re EKKO, the specs say sleeps four in the smaller 22A. Its probably me missing it, but where are the other two sleeping?

You do have to give Winnabago credit, someone is listening...

There is an optional popup roof where 2 can sleep.

I think the EKKO is a step in the right direction for Winnebago. First they built the Revel (I own one), a more rugged and capable van than a traditional class B and now the EKKO with 4 season capabilities and AWD. You won't go offroad with it but you can definitely explore some dirt and gravel roads on National Forests and BLM land. Plus you can lift it if needed.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
For the folks bashing the "new diesels and all their problems"

Check out the TFL YouTube regarding the 7.3 gasser everyone had a ********** for and their thoughts on the issues that are keeping it out of service with unavailable parts that cant get their hands on to fix it...

Just Saying...

All vehicles have issues... There is no magic potion for any of them
We cant get Diesel parts either. Vendors are struggling right now. Has nothing to do with this being a new engine.

Big Rudy

Just another thought. I backed away from buying two different integrated Ford 6.7 diesels, the main reason being if you have some serious problems the body needs to be lifted to do repairs. That means the overhead cabin/camper needs to be disconnected and removed. Don't get me wrong, I think the 6.7 is great, and I come from owning a f350 7.3 for 16 years, just something to calculate when buying or building

Craig_C

Looking at the Ford punished specks between e series and transit. Transit cab is 6.8 inches taller, and 3.2" longer, so e series would give more habitat space. E series wheel base of 158" is 20" longer than Transit's 155.7" wheelbase all of which is behind rear axle. E-series rear axle to end of frame is 68.5 inches. This seems like a lot to me, but the best option if keeping with SRW. What do you guys think? I have no experience, but to me the E-series seems like the winner especially since I could get a 14 foot habitat and tow 8,000 pounds if I could keep my build weight down.

D

Deleted member 9101

350hp/468tq and that's detuned from the F series so 5-Star and other tuners will quickly fix that. Not at all bad.

They already have a tune out for the 7.3 in the Super Duty... The van isn't much different from a tuning perspective.

86scotty

Cynic
Looking at the Ford punished specks between e series and transit. Transit cab is 6.8 inches taller, and 3.2" longer, so e series would give more habitat space. E series wheel base of 158" is 20" longer than Transit's 155.7" wheelbase all of which is behind rear axle. E-series rear axle to end of frame is 68.5 inches. This seems like a lot to me, but the best option if keeping with SRW. What do you guys think? I have no experience, but to me the E-series seems like the winner especially since I could get a 14 foot habitat and tow 8,000 pounds if I could keep my build weight down.

I think you should do it! Then I think you should let me borrow it for a test run!

Seriously, I think about the different ways to accomplish this more or less constantly but I'm a couple of years away from building my next one. My only reservation with the E series is that even with all of the improvements on the new chassis it's still never going to beat the technology leaps of the Transit which come down to much more comfort, better handling, etc. So, it's all up to your use case.

Craig_C

I'm still a little ways away too but planning, in reality dreaming. There are so many options for an integrated expedition camper that trying to match price, performance and all the other trade offs for individual needs/wants has taken a lot of thought and research. I wish I could do a test run, but unless I make it to a show or drive up to Vancouver Island I don't know any other Transits yet. I might try and test drive an EKKO next summer. My plan is to get my gear weight when I load up my truck next summer, so I have even more info.

When I was out today I saw a few e series that looked like they had a long rear end. I didn't like the look at all. Plus, it seems like a lot of weight will end up back there. The issue is that the longer wheelbase, same overall length, only has dually options, and the guy I talked to at quigley made it seem if I could even figure out and get super singles, then it would void any warranties. Although, by the time I could afford it my warranty might be up. Plus, with the rear GAWR, I would need mpt 81's or similar, but like most I would drive 98% highway, some states have 80 mph speed limits! I don't want my tire choice to limit me to 68 mph on those roads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier