Quigley 4x4 E series cutaway for 2021 with 7.3 gas

Steve_382

I just received an email from Quigley saying they have the engineering completed for the 2021 E series cutaways that can be done for any B+ or C RV before or after the camper is completed. Maybe this doesn't belong in this topic, but I couldn't find a better location. Might be an option for those who want to do a Winnie or something in 4x4 for $100K or less.

Good afternoon, Steve! I just wanted to let you know that we have completed our re-engineering for the new 7.3L gas motor option on the E-Series cutaway. Base pricing will be $14,295. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Craig_C

@Victorian,with the 4x4 conversion, could you mount one of your TC boxes directly to the frame like the transit? Would it matter if it was an e450? Would there be any issues doing that if adding a lift, super singles, etc?

86scotty

Cynic
So $33, 265 for the 7.3 gas E-series cutaway plus another $14,294 for the Quigley conversion is still well below $50k for a brand spankin' new very capable camper base with 350hp/468tq and that's detuned from the F series so 5-Star and other tuners will quickly fix that. Not at all bad.

I don't see how a Total composites kit and a good home build wouldn't make this the best value out there by far, if you don't mind building it out of course.

Steve_382

So $33, 265 for the 7.3 gas E-series cutaway plus another $14,294 for the Quigley conversion is still well below $50k for a brand spankin' new very capable camper base with 350hp/468tq and that's detuned from the F series so 5-Star and other tuners will quickly fix that. Not at all bad.

I don't see how a Total composites kit and a good home build wouldn't make this the best value out there by far, if you don't mind building it out of course.

I still don't understand why someone like EC or GXV wouldn't put a small completed camper box on the back of this and sell them like hot cakes for about $200,000. I don't have the time, skills, or space to do one on my own, but would love to buy one. It would have many of the advantages of a cabover without being a complete cabover design. You could incorporate swivel front seats into the box part of the living area to add a lot of valuable space. There are several E rated tires that are good for nearly 4,000 pounds which should be enough for a decent weekend or multi week capable build out with single wheels.

Steve_382

I still don't understand why someone like EC or GXV wouldn't put a small completed camper box on the back of this and sell them like hot cakes for about $200,000. I don't have the time, skills, or space to do one on my own, but would love to buy one. It would have many of the advantages of a cabover without being a complete cabover design. You could incorporate swivel front seats into the box part of the living area to add a lot of valuable space. There are several E rated tires that are good for nearly 4,000 pounds which should be enough for a decent weekend or multi week capable build out with single wheels.
Heck, if Coachmen can build the Cross Trek 27XG and sell it for well under $100,000, I can't understand why someone can't step it up just a little bit. Take a look at the storage space under the bed on this unit. Full width and over 3' wide and nearly 4' tall. I know they are junk, but seems like for another $100,000 you could build something worth owning.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Very cool. Agreed that this is probably the bargain platform for a self-build at this point.

Craig_C

The E 450 has the same front track as the E350 of 69.4 inches, so I assume no turning radius advantage like the F series. F 350 SRW has 68.3" DRW 69.1" F450 74.8". What do people see the advantages of the E series vs. the Transit?

86scotty

Cynic
The E 450 has the same front track as the E350 of 69.4 inches, so I assume no turning radius advantage like the F series. F 350 SRW has 68.3" DRW 69.1" F450 74.8". What do people see the advantages of the E series vs. the Transit?

Proven durability and strength. Body on frame, lots more aftermarket support from bumper/rack manufacturers, etc., heavier axles and a proven 4wd system from Quigley and others will follow. More wheel options, lift options and ability to mount bigger tires, you name it. Lots of advantages. The Transit is coming along with all of this but the E series is there already and has been for a long time.

socceronly

The only thing that might lure me to a Transit is the factory swivel chairs with AWD vs Chev/Eseries with only a single swivel chair when 4x4 (not sure if this is still the case)

The dual swivel chairs for a couple potentially massively increase the size of the space.

I really like the look and utility of a chev/eseries with something like a Supreme Spartan Cargo box on it. You could also put that on a Transit cutaway as well.

Big Rudy

Heck, if Coachmen can build the Cross Trek 27XG and sell it for well under $100,000, I can't understand why someone can't step it up just a little bit. Take a look at the storage space under the bed on this unit. Full width and over 3' wide and nearly 4' tall. I know they are junk, but seems like for another $100,000 you could build something worth owning.

Remember we have at least three price levels, pre covid, covid, and post covid! Most builders will capitalize on demand. Thats Biz! Can't blame them.

Watching a build by Total Composites, on a transit, don't quote me here, and maybe they will jump in, but I think they were at about $100k. Of course there was no labor costs included.

Proven durability and strength. Body on frame, lots more aftermarket support from bumper/rack manufacturers, etc., heavier axles and a proven 4wd system from Quigley and others will follow. More wheel options, lift options and ability to mount bigger tires, you name it. Lots of advantages. The Transit is coming along with all of this but the E series is there already and has been for a long time.

BINGO!

Integrated Overland Camper is something different for everyone. Most of us don't have the time, or skill set for a complete DIY, but would like to find a builder that would be flexible enough to incorporate at least some of our ideas/needs.
I think that will come in this industry, probably in the post covid market! Count me in when and if it happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles