Quick Fists to hold axle/drive shafts??

Robert Bills

Explorer
Personally, I see no advantage to using Quick Fist clamps over simple, inexpensive hose clamps. Replacement of an axle shaft or driveshaft on the trail is time consuming. The minute or two saved by using Quick Fists rather than unscrewing hose clamps won't matter.

chasespeed

Explorer
If you are really wanting to get fancy(I have no idea what these quick fist clamps run), find a machinist, and have him make 2 clamps per axle... REALLY REALLY simple. Once I knew what I was working with, I could belt some out in short order... then, they would be tapped, and clamp onto the axle.... nice trick mount, probably still cheaper than those quick fists from the way things sound, and CERTAINLY postively located....

Chase

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
use a bunch of metal 'zip ties' or make a bracket with bolt-down mounts.
quickfists are way too expensive for something so rarely used. you need a semi-permanent mount and cheap.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Some Jeep guys put their axles in PVC tubes with screw on endcaps, then bolt the tubes to their roll cages. Looks sort of like an oversize fishing pole container. Seems to work very well.

Skratch

Just an idea, but my buddy has PVC tubes attached to his roll cage that he keeps spare axle shafts in. It keeps them clean and very easy to access when he needs them.
He even built a custom tube to hold a spare driveshaft. It's a small diameter tube with large diameter ends on it to accommodate the u-joint and yoke.

He has these mounted on the upper cage in the back of his K5 so they are up and out of the way but easy to get to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles