Quick-Fist tube clamps- Carry your shovel in style!

BogusBlake

2006 Expedition Trophy Champion
Bungie cords are such a hack way to carry your shovel or axe.

Check out these Quick-Fist tube clamps I made-
I used a 2-piece shaft collar and milled a flat on them. Then I tapped a hole and screwed the Quick-Fist into it. They could really use some stainless steel socket head cap screws, but my local ACE is out.

The clamps will go on the bed bar I made to carry my Hi-Lift, but they could go on any piece of tube. I made a set for 1.5" tube and a set for 1.25" tube. Sorry about the crappy pics- My camera is still in Tucson! Ill take some installed pics in the daylight.

You can check 'em out on Tacozona's truck at the Trophy.

Last edited:

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Are those Quick Fist thingies strong enough to keep a shovel from going through your head (or the windscreen of some else) in an accident? I've been seeing them used for stuff like this, but never really studied them up close. Seems like they'd be sort of flimsy. True or no?

BogusBlake

DaveInDenver said:
Are those Quick Fist thingies strong enough to keep a shovel from going through your head (or the windscreen of some else) in an accident? I've been seeing them used for stuff like this, but never really studied them up close. Seems like they'd be sort of flimsy. True or no?

The "safe working load" as advertised on the package is 26lbs for a pair of clamps when attached with screws. My shovel doesn't weigh that much! They're pretty robust.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
About a year and a half ago I bolted two Quickfists together and using 2-pairs mounted my shovel to the Hi-Lift jack handle. It's held tight with zero issues. But your custo aluminum clamp is pretty sweet!

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
Shovel said:
man.... I'm getting mounted, quick-fisted.....

some days it's no fun being a Shovel :(
Sorry to hear about that, Shovel :(

BogusBlake said:
You can check 'em out on Tacozona's truck at the Trophy.
Man - I'm excited to put those on! I'll have to unbolt my "plan B" mounts for the Quick Fists, but yours are sure to be much more stylish & sturdy. Thanks!!

7wt

Expedition Leader
Nice job. I wished I had me a mill. I'd TRY to crank out all sorts of stuff.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I think i need to copy that if you dont mind:) I never thought about putting two together!

spressomon said:
About a year and a half ago I bolted two Quickfists together and using 2-pairs mounted my shovel to the Hi-Lift jack handle. It's held tight with zero issues. But your custo aluminum clamp is pretty sweet!

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Well, my ExPo membership has now paid for itself! GREAT idea and quality job! I am always interested in seeing your posts. Your ideas seem solid and well thought out. In many ways, you remind me of me. :)

How would you feel about making a custom topper??? :chowtime:

Last edited:

BogusBlake

Schattenjager said:
Well, my ExPo membership has now paid for itself! GREAT idea and quality job! I am always interested in seeing your posts. Your ideas seem solid and well thought out.

Thanks! I hope you didn't pay too much to join this group!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles