Quick Camera Review for travel

dwatsonkc

Stilwell, KS
I have owned many camera's and travel with a few all over the world. I would like to think that having great camera's mean you have great pictures, but mostly my pictures aren't that great... :) Thought I would post my review on a few camera's for travel. PC230005.jpg

Here are my current camera's. I took this with a waterproof Olympus Stylus. Great fishing camera but takes terrible pictures. Nice to not worry about it. Really handy and kinda cool that you can take pictures under water.

Leica M6 - awesome film camera, but the Leica Lens is what makes it. Kinda heavy to carry around. Very well built.

Leica M8 - takes awesome pictures, slow to focus, never really figured out how to process RAW files. Worried about Loosing/Breaking it so it doesn't leave the house much. Has the cool factor. People ask about it all the time when I have it out.

Hasselblad 500c/m- Med Format Cameras rock. most of my darkroom stuff comes from this camera...
View attachment 1082.2.4.jpg

Fuji X100 - my new toy, jpeg's look better than my M8 Pics. Still learning how to use it. Light and may replace my M8.

Camera's I miss
Leica D-Lux 3 - best point/shoot I ever had. Camera was stolen in Nicaragua. Not only did I loose great pictures but I really miss this Camera. My wife keeps asking me to get another one.

Bessa R - this is what got me into film and RF camera's, I'll be getting a new one soon...

Camera's I don't miss
Olympus EP-L - this camera was terrible. night pictures were not usable. Thought it would be cool to have another camera to use a Leica Lens on but I hated this camera. sold it.

Rollei 35s - thought it would be cool to have an old camera - sold it.

Many SLR's too big and bulky.

Last edited:

dwatsonkc

Stilwell, KS
Wow, how could I forget the camera that gets used the most.....

My iPhone. Takes great pictures on the fly and I always have it with me.

Sirocco

Explorer
Echo your thoughts on the D-Lux 3. Have used mine extensively, most recently in Africa. Shoots RAW to which is great. Nice and compact, fits in your pocket.

G

haven

Expedition Leader
The Leica DLux 3 is based on the Panasonic DMC-LX2. Both are available as used cameras. The Panasonic is priced around $175, the Leica $300.

dwatsonkc

Stilwell, KS
yes, I have have 14 fly rods. I've tried to take a picture of them all together but just haven't been able to get a good picture...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94