Questions about converting a 2wd astro tiger to awd

steelheadbum

Adventurer
Has anyone here ever heard of such a conversion? I have an opportunity to purchase a 87 tiger 2wd "cheap"...
buve2esu.jpg

Thanks
Buck

The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

T.Low

Expedition Leader
It won't be "cheap" anymore by the time you get done converting it.

PM ihatemybike, he knows more about the problems involved. Or join astrosafarivans.com and ask "doyoulikeithere", he's done it among others.

Or put in your own straight axle and crossmember and 6" lift, v8.

Of course, mine was awd to begin with, a different animal.

suntinez

Explorer
That is a beautiful, unique Tiger - if inside is in any kind of shape like outside and you're getting it "cheap" - do it!

I have no answer to your question, but it's always a good idea to listen to T.Low (esp re: V8 :D ) & ihatemybike & the astrosafarivans guys.

pods8

Explorer
I was looking around some on astro stuff and as long as you were using stock stuff I didn't think it sounded too bad for anyone that is comfortable pulling the subframe out from under a vehicle. You'd need the AWD subframe, front suspension, trans & t-case, drive shafts, etc. mechanically. Not sure if they have a ECM and TCM independent or just a PCM, whichever you'd need the TCM or PCM respectively (OR put in a manual 4x4 tranfercase... I'd go that route but wouldn't be plug/play for drive shafts and such). But as with anything the devil's in the details so I might be full of poo.

steelheadbum

Adventurer
I should have bought it!! SOLD for 2700.00
Buck

The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke