Questions about 2001 E350 Sportsmobile

kerry

Expedition Leader
Out of state friend of mine is interested in a 2001 E 350 Sportsmobile near me and I looked at it for him Here's the details: 7.3 Powerstroke. 181k miles Rebuilt Jasper transmission and differential.Quigley 4wd conversion, 12k Warn winch. Hardtop with about 5'10" headroom. It's got 220 W of solar, three house batteries, fridge, microwave, toaster oven, forced air furnace, Wave 3 heater, rear AC, propane/gas water heater, gray tank, and porta potti. Belongs to original buyer's daughter. Pretty clean. Drives well. What should I look for other than the obvious. Are there typical problems that occur? A 7.3 should have considerable miles left in it. Fired right up on cold start after waiting for glow light to go out. I think maybe the 7.3's tend of have glow plugs which stick in the head. Is that correct? How accessible are the glow plugs for replacement. I slid back the doghouse but couldn't really tell without further investigation. Underside is mostly rust free, or just surface rust apart from a bracket on either side, one just in front of the propane tank and the grey tank, which have more rust than rest of chassis. Looks like maybe they were brackets installed by Sportsmobile, not Ford, in order to firm up the lower sheet metal after the original reinforcing bracket was cut to make room for the tanks. What's the ballpark for its value? One thing I didn't understand was an extra AC condensor?? I could see the OE one in front of the radiator. Second one with electric fan up on the frame behind the driver's door. But then a third smaller one with an electric fan mounted in front of the radiator, relatively low behind the winch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles