Question about wheels/tires on 2.5 gen

twocommas

Observer
Howdy,

I am able to get a really good deal on these wheels: 77414d1373079080-fs-5-trail-edition-wheels-17x7-5-image.jpg. They are the "Trail Edition" wheels from an FJ Cruiser/4runner (year 2011+). I think that these will fit my Monty, but I wanted to know if someone out there can tell me if that's correct. They have the same lug pattern and bore, but I think the offset is different?

If these will work, I have 2 follow-up questions.
1) What size tires should I go with? I am interested in getting the BFG All-Terrain KO.
2) Will I have any problems mounting the spare in the original location?

Thanks guys :exclaim:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Center bore (where the hub goes) must be at least 108mm. You can usually tell just by looking because the center hole goes right up to and in some cases past the mounting surfaces of each of the 6 lug bolts.

As for the offset, I can't say for sure. I can tell you that my old 15x8" wheels (American Eagle Type 054) with a -17mm offset, 3.75" of backspacing running either a 35x12.5 tire fits fine on my 96SR with a 2" body lift and the torsion bars slightly cranked... although there is a very slight bit of rubbing on the inner fender liner. The bumpers off course are totally aftermarket as it would rub severely on them.
054_6lug.jpg

For my 33x12.5's AT's I'm running 15x8 Method Double Standard rims. They have -24mm of offset and 3.5" of backspacing. They fit fine w/out any rubbing whatsoever.
MR_301_18x9_Flat_Black-1001_04aa331b-a684-402f-acf0-383c7c9e823a_large.png

HTH.

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Break out your measuring tape, because none of us have a crystal ball. Or, you can look it up online because I know the info exists.

cnutco

Adventurer
Good looking set of wheels! If they work let us know! I am looking to get second set of wheels for my gen3.

mapper

Explorer
Also looking for any clarification on Toyota rims. Wanting to jump up to a 16" wheel but having difficulty locating anything spec'd as 108mm bore

off-roader

Expedition Leader
The ones I was asking about in the first post are 106mm, 2.5gen is 108mm. So they didn't work out.
Yeah, unfortunately I suspect (based on my own searches before) that among Toyota's only the FJ80 has 108mm center bore and 6x5.5 bolt pattern.

So what are you thinking of going with? Any other options?

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I think you may be right on that. My recommendation... rather than try to find one from another rig that fits, define the style of wheel you want then find the wheel vendors that make them in that style and check what sizes they have. In many cases you will have to contact them via phone/email because many of the manufacturers do not include center bore dimensions in their online spec's.

Clem

Adventurer
I think you may be right on that. My recommendation... rather than try to find one from another rig that fits, define the style of wheel you want then find the wheel vendors that make them in that style and check what sizes they have. In many cases you will have to contact them via phone/email because many of the manufacturers do not include center bore dimensions in their online spec's.

I bumped into this vendor which does have bore as a "filter" for their wheels. I don't know what they cost or anyone who has them, but it is a start.

http://www.atxwheels.com/wheels?center_bore=108

This is where I saw them...

HTH,

Clem

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier