Question about PUMA compressors

ExpoMike

Hi all,

Having read a bunch of threads here and on a few other forums, it seems that the PUMA 12v compressors seem to be a great bang for the buck with larger tires. I think this is the route I am going.

I have a question that maybe someone can answer. I am think of a spot to mount this and it would be laying sideways. Is there any problems with being sideways or should it be vertical (upright or upside down)?

Thanks!

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Mike, I am not familiar with the model to be honest, but if its an oil-less compressor (and it likely is), you can mount it anyway you like.

ExpoMike

Yeah, it is oil-less and figured it would be okay. I have only found one or two posts on other boards showing them mounted sideways. Since I can't get the new spare tire size to fit in the stock under bed location, I am thinking of using that space to mount the compressor and tank. The PUMA one is all attached together so laying it sideways allows it to fit in that area.

Thanks for the reply.

r_w

Adventurer
Big issue with mounting there is water damage. Make sure you protect it from road spray as well as fording

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles