question about 2000 f250

theicecreampeople

Adventurer
hey guys im hearing and feeling a strange noise in the front end of my truck ?seems to be left side .it feels like something is binding up then i here like a couple of pops and then she is all good agin,kinda freeks me out ?i thought it was my hubs ,i normaly keep them locked ,but wasnt ?sprayed oil under there on all joints ,didnt work ,im going to pic up a zerk gun today and hit all the fittings ..and then just take it in if all else fails ,may just be somthing simple ?thanks for reading this guys ,any info would be great ...jason:victory:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Remove the locking hub & see if it still makes the noise. Could be the unit bearing....

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Did you do the 60k service on the front axle?

The owner's manual recommends lubing the needle bearings on the back side of the hub. The outer stub shaft rides on these bearings and if they are dry, it can cause the front to make some weird noises.

Not sure if you have the ESOF or manual hubs, but when I have had mine apart for the 60k service and when I replaced the BJ's at 92k, I inserted grease into the hub through the ESOF port.

They are really easy to work on and worth it.

Jack

theicecreampeople

Adventurer
Did you do the 60k service on the front axle?

The owner's manual recommends lubing the needle bearings on the back side of the hub. The outer stub shaft rides on these bearings and if they are dry, it can cause the front to make some weird noises.

Not sure if you have the ESOF or manual hubs, but when I have had mine apart for the 60k service and when I replaced the BJ's at 92k, I inserted grease into the hub through the ESOF port.

They are really easy to work on and worth it.

Jack

wow thanks bro going to look into this today ..

StromHawk60

Observer
go to the Diesel Forum site for 60K instructions

Search the site for 60K front bearing service - I'm glad I did it if nothing than for the piece of mind. Hard to say if they needed it but I'd never have slept well...couple of hours in the self-help garage on post.

Make sure you get the new seals before you start though!

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Icecreampeeps,

Not sure if your noise/clucking was like mine, but I found my sway bar bushings to be totally shot and rubbing metal on metal. I also found my passenger side lower shock bolt loose as well. Both problems were causing the noise. Smooth and quiet now.

Good luck and keep us posted.

theicecreampeople

Adventurer
zerk ,zerk ,zerk ...mine were dried up ,seems ok now ..but will never slack on them agin ..you guys on here rock :victory:,im going to do the 60000 service and everything you guys say ..im not the mechanic ,normaly take things in but this forum and others really help ,and love doing things myself now ,had this truck from new and love her ..never once let me down ,just gata keep her happy and lubed up ...thanks agin guys ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94