queen sized sleeping pad?

silvElise

Adventurer
Hey guys,
I am looking into sleep padding solutions. I really want to go for queen sized and am reluctant to try a full inflatable air mattress just because of the hot/cold issues. Not to mention everyone seems to lose air and need to be replaced often. I really like the 3" inflatable pads but was wondering if there are any available for a queen sized... I know I can go with foam but the packing size is so dang big!

I know this issue has to have been addressed by many on here so curious to hear thoughts.

Thanks,
Ryan

Desert Dan

Explorer
I think ThermaRest makes a strap (coupling deviec) that holds two of the large pads together so they could be used a large pad?

Those type of pads say self inflating but you will probably need to add some air yourself.

alexrex20

Explorer
it would be awful hard to roll up and store a queen-sized ThermaRest type pad. i don't see why you can't just get a separate pad for each person?

cruiserfred

Observer
thermarest pads

a few wks ago i was on here with the same type question , i just today purchased two thermarest pads that together are the same size as my pad in my Eezi Awn Globe trotter tent i got one large and one extra large to end up the same queen size they are both the luxury thich models i,ll find out how they work i'm planning on using it under the pad i had then roading it rolled up in the trailer box.

FRED

silvElise

Adventurer
I think ThermaRest makes a strap (coupling deviec) that holds two of the large pads together so they could be used a large pad?

Those type of pads say self inflating but you will probably need to add some air yourself.

link for this please.. my searching skills are lame today :)

JamesDowning

Explorer
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunt...g-pads/_/N-1100139&WTz_l=Unknown;cat104484780

s7_516444_999_01

Looks like cabellas also has a queen sized self-inflating mattress. I'll have to keep it on my watch list.

bajajoaquin

Adventurer
You don't say what kind of vehicle or space it's going into, but you did mention 3" thick, so I'm assuming it's not something that needs to roll up.

I have mentioned in other, similar threads that you might want to check out Ikea. They have a number of foam pads in the 3" to 4" thick range which have 1-2 folds in them. I got a queen size for about $100. It fits in the cabover section of my shell and is far and away the most comfortable "camping" pad I have ever used.

thx138

Observer
Great price! I ordered this :) Sad it had no reviews... but taking the risk
Its REI so they will take it back if you don't like it. I was about to order it myself but I can't talk my wife into ditching the air mattress. Please post up when you get a chance to test it.

silvElise

Adventurer
Its REI so they will take it back if you don't like it. I was about to order it myself but I can't talk my wife into ditching the air mattress. Please post up when you get a chance to test it.

Got them today.. Very happy with the quality so far and quick testing are plenty comfortable. Also like the packaging each pad gets its own duffel which makes it easier to handle. I think I would suggest this over a full sized queen any day.. And when the girly doesnt want to go camping I have an extra thick mattress :victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste