Putting my feeler out 2016 Ford Transit quadvan 4x4 med roof

hhormann

Hello All,

Just putting my feelers out about my van here are the stats:
2016 Ford Transit 350 xlt (cruise, title, backup cam, reverseensor, heater/extended mirror, rear ac/heat, tinted windows)
Med Roof
Just got converted by quadvan in September 2020
11k miles
ecoboost
Passenger with a light conversion
-Joolca nomad shower/hot water sink kit
- Kitchen chuck box
-Portapotty
-Queen/full bed platform
-Roof rack/ladder TBD
- Whole exterior painted with green bedliner
- its a 350 xlt
- Van has driven great and have done multiple 1k plus drives so far.
- i'm sure there is more but i'm not posting up yet just trying to see interest. PM me or 805-705-5551

#vanlife
Thinking around the $65 range

The only negative thing is that it does have a salvage title... I bought it with 4000 miles on it and drove up to portland and back to get it converted to 4x4. I would not have dropped over 15k to have it converted to 4x4 if i thought there was an issue with it. Quadavan also mentioned that they would have turned me away if the frame on the van had looked damaged.

Attachments

• IMG_20200911_125737 (1).dng.jpg
    IMG_20200911_125737 (1).dng.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_20200911_164422 (1).jpg
    IMG_20200911_164422 (1).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 245

MSD

Well Known Xplor’r
Sorry with a salvage title your way over priced By about $40k. Why would anyone buy a van they can‘t insure for what you asking... ? Who cares what quadvan thinks They wanted your money to convert & if you ever have problems that's their fall back... bottom line it’s not insurable. So why would anyone want to spend $65k to only have liability insurance & not protect their investment.?

justbecause

perpetually lost
Sorry with a salvage title your way over priced By about $40k. Why would anyone buy a van they can‘t insure for what you asking... ? Who cares what quadvan thinks They wanted your money to convert & if you ever have problems that's their fall back... bottom line it’s not insurable. So why would anyone want to spend $65k to only have liability insurance & not protect their investment.?

You can get insurance on a vehicle with salvage title. Not sure who has told you other wise?

But brand new awd transits med length and height is 44k msrp

Nick_Stein

You can get insurance on a vehicle with salvage title. Not sure who has told you other wise?

Liability insurance yes, but I've heard you will have a difficult time getting full coverage when a vehicle has a salvaged title. Even from something like theft recovery with zero damage.

adam88

Explorer
I've owned a few salvage vehicles in my life and they were great. But the big problem is reselling them. The minute ANY buyer hears the word "salvaged" you can forget about it. It is awful.

Can’t you apply for a “rebuilt salvage title”? If you car is stolen but recovered with zero damage but over 21 days has elapsed, the vehicle could end up with a salvage title because the insurance company paid out full loss/replacement cost to the owner While it was still missing.

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
Yea. Unfortunately with a salvage title. A loan may be an issue and establishing value and insurance companies with coverage and partial coverage. Either way, for a price like that, Id imagine most everyone would want a clean title. Look at Copart auctions for example. All the salvaged titled Lambos Ferraris, Maseratis etc...never ever go for full price.

MSD

Well Known Xplor’r

You can only get liability not full coverage so again you cannot protect your investment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles