Pump choices - Eccotemp L5 water heater

sixbennetts

Adventurer
Looking for a lightweight 12vdc pump to use for shower/dishes with the Eccotemp L5. Maybe even small and light enough to bolt to the side of the unit. Unit calls for 40-80 psi, and flow rate of 1.5 gpm.

Thanks all

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I'm on my third water pump in just 3 years, apparently they all suck.
Although the current one is the quietest... model # SHURflo 4008-101-E65
The pressure can be turned down (shower head) can make for a soft to hard shower withe the Oxygenics Shower.
I use it with my eccotemp L5 for the same uses.

Last edited:

sixbennetts

Adventurer
Thanks, Googling now. Also considering a small submersible to drop in sceptre cans. Anybody had any luck with that route?

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I'd like to be able to say this or that pump works great but I haven't been given the opportunity, junk after junk resulting in a bunch of wasted money, thankfully not much loss of time.
If I'm saying anything at all I'm saying get ready for a water pump failure at a random time and place.
Find one with a good warranty and price that fits your needs and hope for the best.

So far as I mentioned earlier the model I have is quite and max of 7 something amps at a reasonable price.

huachuca

Adventurer
The one in my camper is the same as Basso referenced - 3 gpm @ 55 psi with a two year warranty. It's been solid for at last five years and a couple of hundred days of use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles