Pulling off the roof rails-what do I use as a plug?

Wander

Expedition Leader
I got my hands on a CT roof rack for my DI but the factory roof rails had to go so they were cut. The remains of the rails are still up there but I need to get them off.

The plan is to use one of the holes to run the lighting snake and I'll need something to plug all of the holes to prevent even more leaking.

What fits?

Wander

Expedition Leader
Sounds like a plan-how much? I think the rack is the same as the one you have on the 97.

bovw

Explorer
Get that from Will? If so that came off my truck. I put the rails back on and I think I still have the plugs. I'll look in the morning and you can have them if I find them.

Wander

Expedition Leader
That's it-you kept it in great shape!

Will forgot the rail had to be removed so we sawzall'd them to fit. The solid front sections of the rails had to be rotated forward so now it appears to have short horns so I nicknamed it "El Diablo".

Did you run the wire snake down one of the holes?

bovw

Explorer
No, I ran it down the passenger side of the windshield and into the engine bay. I have a hi res picture I can send you that sort of shows it. That's how the racks po did it.

It's a great rack and I hated to part with it, but I'm going to a D2 and that funded a Hannibal for that truck. Hope you enjoy it.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Let me know Matt- I also sourced a few 'too many' 1000s to emulate the CT look if you need some of those as well.

Wander

Expedition Leader
Matt, just get a snorkel and run the wires with it....its what all the cool kids do :sombrero:

Just getting me deeper in debt....:snorkel: That would make it easier to run the wires, maybe I'll just run them down the side untill I can get a snorkel.

Let me know Matt- I also sourced a few 'too many' 1000s to emulate the CT look if you need some of those as well.

It's got a full set of IPF's in it now but I might want a couple for the ARB (after I get the springs on...)

jgdisco2

Adventurer
Just getting me deeper in debt....:snorkel: That would make it easier to run the wires, maybe I'll just run them down the side untill I can get a snorkel.

It's got a full set of IPF's in it now but I might want a couple for the ARB (after I get the springs on...)

i know the feeling..my bank account hates me for last yr:Wow1:

when are the springs going on??

Wander

Expedition Leader
Soon I hope-I've got a line on a set for free-just need to get them off the DI and that might have to wait for some warmer weather.

jgdisco2

Adventurer
Soon I hope-I've got a line on a set for free-just need to get them off the DI and that might have to wait for some warmer weather.

i dont blame you, we gotta get it done before april though...unless the series is coming for another romp:drool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz