PULL PAL, HIGH LIFT AND FLOOR JACK MOUNTING IN WHEEL WELL WITH

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
I was out in Borrego the other week and had a flat tire on the left front. OK no big deal, broke out the bottle jack got it under the truck and the jack was to high, so I dug a hole about 3" deep lifted up the A arm and took off the tire. good to go so I thought, went to put on the spare and had to dig another hole so the spare would fit. This is not going to happen again. So now I carry a 2ton floor jack made out of aluminum and a mount with a quick release. I also had to remount the high lift jack and remount my pull pal. This is what I came up with. I used T handle pit pins to mount the Pull Pal,and the spade fits nice and tight behind that. The Handle for the floor jack has a spring mount on one end and a cup on the other, just push the handle against the spring and it will come out of the cup. The floor jack has a quick release spring loaded pin for release of the jack. The floor jack is only 3" high. and will go up to 18". Here are a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• DSC03332.JPG
    DSC03332.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC03333.JPG
    DSC03333.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC03334.JPG
    DSC03334.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC03335.JPG
    DSC03335.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC03336.JPG
    DSC03336.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC03337.JPG
    DSC03337.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC03338.JPG
    DSC03338.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC03339.JPG
    DSC03339.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 109

super04duty

Observer
Is that jack from Harbor Freight? Do you think it would handle lifting the front of a Super Duty? Id like to do something like this myself, but with a big, heavy, diesel, I don't know if I can trust that jack....

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
I would go with the 3ton jack if concerned about the weight or your vehicle. And yes it is from Harbor freight.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
that jack is awesome if not used everyday. Love that its light. Perfect to take along on a trip.

zelatore

Explorer
I have that 2-ton aluminum HF jack; bought it years ago because it was low enough to get under most of my cars. With the Rover, it's definitely straining to lift it and I'm probably at 6500 lbs. So yeah, if you're in a 1-ton rig I'd seriously look at the bigger jack.

Otherwise, it's been really good. The rubber pad on the jack face has come off, but I just glued it back on with 5200.

CCPAJeeper

Observer
Great design. Thanks for posting, I was thinking about the space in my bed for the high lift and aluminum floor jack. You just saved me a lot of time. Much appreciated.

Judoka

Learning To Live
I was out in Borrego the other week and had a flat tire on the left front. OK no big deal, broke out the bottle jack got it under the truck and the jack was to high, so I dug a hole about 3" deep lifted up the A arm and took off the tire. good to go so I thought, went to put on the spare and had to dig another hole so the spare would fit. This is not going to happen again. So now I carry a 2ton floor jack made out of aluminum and a mount with a quick release. I also had to remount the high lift jack and remount my pull pal. This is what I came up with. I used T handle pit pins to mount the Pull Pal,and the spade fits nice and tight behind that. The Handle for the floor jack has a spring mount on one end and a cup on the other, just push the handle against the spring and it will come out of the cup. The floor jack has a quick release spring loaded pin for release of the jack. The floor jack is only 3" high. and will go up to 18". Here are a couple of pictures.

Old thread I know. but I just saw it.
I don't get it! If you made the mistake with the bottle jack, why not just use your Hi-Lift Jack instead of adding a floor jack and using up space and taking up Cargo Capacity? Kinda like having a winch, a tow strap and an Airlift on standby. Two of them are quite sensible; the third is just showing off! Hahaha!:sombrero:
I do love the ease of a floor jack though!

Last edited:

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
No the floor jack has a flat bottom and the front of the bottom plate is slanted up like a ski so it slides easy. As far as the hi lift goes my truck is is high and the bumper is a PITA to jack from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles