Pull-Out Platform for Kitchen Module (Now with YOUTUBE Video!)

BCRanger

Very nice. I used 2040 to build a rack in AluCab canopy camper. The framing is really cool and fairly easy to work with.

Just bought an ALu-Cab, will be putting it on my Ranger. Don't know what truck you have but do you have anything to share about your basic layout? In particular I want to put a bed platform on top, and I'm thinking of making one row on each side even with door (somewhat like Goose Gear setup but all straight, no bump out.) I'm also wondering if you can attach extrusions pretty easily to rails that appear to be around bottom of shell / bed interface. (I don't actually have the canopy yet, so flying a bit blind, just going by what I can glean from pictures.)

Mtpisgah

Our camper is on a Gladiator. I put the boxes (kitchen gear, food, and recovery gear) on the left and the cooler goes on the right. There is room at the back door to put the toilet chair during the night. I considered Goose Gear but decided I wanted to be able to remove the cabinetry from the camper more easily if I needed the bed space. Also, with this setup, I can remove the boxes and really lighten the load for daily driving. I also find it easier to load and unload the truck for trips with the boxes. Pull it out, carry it to the kitchen, load it, and put it back in the truck. And it is easier than digging around in the GG.

The frame is connected to the camper rails with three t-slot nuts and is pretty solid. Once the boxes are strapped in, they do not move, even with heavy wheeling. I use 1/4” threaded hooks and the t-slot nuts to strap the boxes down. It can all be taken out in under a minute. Putting it back in takes a little longer because you have to line up the t-nuts.

Attachments

• 58DD2BB6-7564-46A6-B289-2555C45C4A51.jpeg
    58DD2BB6-7564-46A6-B289-2555C45C4A51.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 70
  • 1EE63ABE-A103-4002-9DA7-79EFA1DC6FC1.jpeg
    1EE63ABE-A103-4002-9DA7-79EFA1DC6FC1.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 66

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz