Proud Rhino Discovery 5

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
Finally the Proud Rhino Discovery 5 is in! First thing Monday we will start with the hidden winch mount and lift rods. I will be looking for some volunteers to run a few prototype lift rods for us. Please DM me if your interested. Never been so excited for a Monday.

IMG_3519 2.jpg

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
I was like a kid in a candy store today as we stripped the front off the Discovery 5. It may have just been my excitement but everything came apart fairly straight forward an easy. Our cardboard template was put into place with only some minor tweeking needed. Next up will be to test fit a metal version.

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_7286.jpg

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
Nothing but smiles here today at the shop. Winch tray prototype V2 was cut, bent and bolted right in! We have some minor adjustments to do on the tray depth and fairlead bracket but this will have to wait until after MAR. We will be back at it next week with tires and lift rods.

image000000.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
ATTURO TRAIL BLADE XT'S ARE IN

Just getting back from MAR and we did not have time to test fit the tires. So all I have is a picture of tires on a pallet, but hey who does not love new tires? Im hoping to get them on to morrow but the shop has been extra busy.

IMG_8335.jpg

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
TIRES ARE ON

We have been full steam at the shop! I have been trying to squeeze in the D5 but can’t get the room. If anyone that knows Rovers has some free time let me know. We have the lift kit and winch tray V3 ready to play with still but at least we got the tires on today. I do have some concerns about rubbing when the suspension is on the bumps. In mid turn the inner fender well lining may touch but I can not be sure until the bumpers back on. Until tomorrow all I have are these parking lot pics.

IMG_8376.jpg

IMG_8383.jpg

IMG_8384.jpg

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
Out sick

Sorry gals and guys for the absence in posts. We had a key team member go out on medical leave and I have been doing double duties. The good news is we have not stopped the work. The winch tray is on version 6 and we should have the final pre production in the next few days. The trays fitment is so sexy. It fits perfectly. Ill get some better in-depth photos when we get the final one done and all the components are bolted back in place. In other Discovery 5 news I should have my hands on a few sets of pre production lift rods next week. If you want to try a set let me know. Until then I have some pictures of the current progress to hold you over.
unnamed-2.jpg

unnamed-3.jpg

unnamed-18.jpg

Scott Brady

Founder
Very cool to watch this develop. Some mechanism of relocation or protection of the wing radiators would be very desirable.
23131614_10156822955593275_6305778688453763099_n.jpg

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
If someone got me a scan of the front end, with frame extensions, I could model something up. I might just be a piping designer, lol, but I can also design sheetmetal.

Capture22.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles