PROPEX HS2211 with IKamper Skycamp Mini RTT (with annex)

Mark2457

Hi All

Considering a PROPEX HS2211 to get safe, long running, thermostatically controlled heating in my roof top tent for winter camping.

I have a 2020 Ford Ranger with ZROADZ overland access bedrack. I can attach the heat exchanger to the bed rack, leave the propane in the truck bed (nearby) and just run the air output to the tent.

A few concerns
  1. The manual says you should only run a max of 4 feet of hose to the first outlet
  2. The inlet and exhaust lines cannot be extended
I can mount the tent so that I have about a foot of the bed track free at the back, so I could mount the unit there. The inlet and exhaust would then be fully external. and I'd have to run the air hose to up through the window I guess

Anyone done anything like this? Any tips or other things to watch out for?

Thanks

Mark

ttengineer

Adventurer
Propane is a very wet heat (humidity will be an issue), I’d look into diesel personally. Esuif you are planning on an external mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highwest

Propane is a very wet heat (humidity will be an issue), I’d look into diesel personally. Esuif you are planning on an external mount.

You’re right about Buddy heaters and those other catalytic-types, but in this case, a Propex is a forced air heat exchanger arrangement just like a diesel heater. Both diesel (Espar, Planar, Webasto, Chinese) and Propex are good considerations here.

ttengineer

Adventurer
You’re right about Buddy heaters and those other catalytic-types, but in this case, a Propex is a forced air heat exchanger arrangement just like a diesel heater. Both diesel (Espar, Planar, Webasto, Chinese) and Propex are good considerations here.

Ah, I was not aware it was a heat exchange.

Never mind then, I stand corrected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles