Propane through camper/shell wall?

Superduty

Adventurer
I have an ARE aluminum shell. I want to be able to run a hose from a propane tank outside the shell to a heater inside the shell. The wall is very thin aluminum. I was thinking I could use some type of gland and just run the hoe through it when I wanted to use it. Or I envision some sort of bulkhead fitting that passes through the wall and then when I want to use the heater I attach hose from heater to interior fitting and then a separate hose on outside from tank to exterior fitting?

The hose passing through wall eliminates potential leak points at 2 fittings.

Any ideas are appreciated including links to the recommended parts.

Thanks

trailscape

Explorer
I used a Kussmaul outlet cover. I had found one on ebay pretty cheap.

ps-port-jpg.621481

Alloy

Don't make temporary connections for flammable gas inside a confined space. Run a hard permanent line and put use a quick on the outside.

Pntyrmvr

Adventurer
That means a hard line right up to the factory connector on any gas appliance. And a forged nut at that flared connection not cast.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Alloy

That means a hard line right up to the factory connector on any gas appliance. And a forged nut at that flared connection not cast.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

It can be hose that is permanently fitted as long as is Type I, II, or III and has a UL / CSA tag.

Alloy

Look at quick disconnect fittings for gas BBQs, they're like air hose fittings but rated for gas.

Best to have a shut off valve to.

The best QD for flammable gas do not allow the valve to open unless the QD is seated properly. These are more commonly used with household Natural Gas BBQ hook ups.

ExpoMike

I used Hamlet compression fittings andd stainless tube to pipe both my Hot and cold water and my Propane in my camper. The propane is pipe to both the water heater and the Partner stove. Never had a issue. I used Hamlet compression bulkhead fittings to pipe through the sheet metal.View attachment 629234View attachment 629235View attachment 629236View attachment 629237View attachment 629238View attachment 629239View attachment 629240View attachment 629241

Looks very nice. Curious, what keeps your water lines from freezing in cold temps?

Looks very nice. Curious, what keeps your water lines from freezing in cold temps?
Honestly my rig is set up really for outdoor camping. If its freezing im out! LO! So far it has not been an issue but i did install a expansion loop in the system just in case. Also I have been looking at a 12 volt imersion heater with timer for the water tank but I dont really see the need as of yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier