Propane Tank Mounted on Gobi Rack Ladder using custom mounts.

TheDriver

Observer
Looks great! I was going to do the same sort of mount when I had my Gobi but now am going to do the taller narrower tank / power tank bracket on my Teraflex hinge using their highlift jack mount bolt locations. Since the bracket is shorter and it looks like the tank shoulder clears the step you might be able to drop the spacers and have an even stronger connection (less stress on the material on washboard roads).

Alloy

Nice mount!

Keep an eye on the welds for fatigue cracks. Continuously welding both side of the Power Tank base would be a big improvement.

Superduty

Adventurer
Nice mount!

Keep an eye on the welds for fatigue cracks. Continuously welding both side of the Power Tank base would be a big improvement.

Are you saying the Powertank bracket itself is prone to cracks at the welds? personal experience?

FlightMedicJP

Looks great! I was going to do the same sort of mount when I had my Gobi but now am going to do the taller narrower tank / power tank bracket on my Teraflex hinge using their highlift jack mount bolt locations. Since the bracket is shorter and it looks like the tank shoulder clears the step you might be able to drop the spacers and have an even stronger connection (less stress on the material on washboard roads).
I thought about that after I finished. I just got back from a weekend upstate so I'm gonna try it out.

FlightMedicJP

Also, everything held up great. no loose bolts with about 8 hours of total highway travel and a bunch of wheeling in the catskills.

Alloy

Are you saying the Powertank bracket itself is prone to cracks at the welds? personal experience?

Yes the welds on the Powertank bracket. Keep an eye on them.

A hat sitting on my shelf at home says welding inspector. . . . I've seen allot of cracked aluminum.

Superduty

Adventurer

Yes the welds on the Powertank bracket. Keep an eye on them.

A hat sitting on my shelf at home says welding inspector. . . . I've seen allot of cracked aluminum.
Thanks for the heads up. Mine has been through a few hundred off road miles and at least that much on road. I will definitely inspect it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior