Propane regulator. Any propane guru here!?

madmaths

Observer
Hi! Last weekend we camp and it was cold -2c , 3-4 time my heater stop in the night ( propane stop flowing) I figure the regulator have some moisture trap in it or wath ever and it was frozen .. I'm now looking for a new regulator mine is old, its a GR-800 175,000 BTU/HR single stage. My question a 2 stage is better? Any recomendation ?thanks!

madmaths

Observer
I blow in the inlet of the regulator and I have dirty water coming out the vent !

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

madmaths

Observer
I open it cause I'm a curious guy. no doubt my regulator have frozen20180910_182245.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

perterra

Adventurer
Water happens, can be in the actual liquid propane or condensate inside the tank.

Two stage regulator doesnt really do much besides eliminate pressure creep as the contents of the cylinder are used. Not a problem with burners, but if you have something that can blow a seal at say 10 lbs pressure and you need 6 lbs constant, then pressure creep is a problem that 2 stage will rectify.

madmaths

Observer
Water happens, can be in the actual liquid propane or condensate inside the tank.

Two stage regulator doesnt really do much besides eliminate pressure creep as the contents of the cylinder are used. Not a problem with burners, but if you have something that can blow a seal at say 10 lbs pressure and you need 6 lbs constant, then pressure creep is a problem that 2 stage will rectify.

Thanks for the info
I run a stove and a furnace ( i also have a 3 way fridge but never use it on propane)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles