Propane Campfire

UNI

Adventurer
When camping, we are finding that some areas are not allowing ground campfires and a lot of states are not allowing you to transport firewood. So we use the Little Red Campfire. I must say they are compact and work great.

Just curious, does anyone else use a propane campfire?

2238119130100746432S500x500Q85.jpg

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
I have been wanting one of these for a while now. I've heard nothing but good things. I see one in my future, in 2010!

CSG

Explorer
Maybe try camping in places that aren't so restrictive? Burning propane through some ceramic "logs" and calling it a campfire is almost too bizarre to contemplate.

Then again, as I responded in your post about lighting up campsite perimeters with light pots, I'm guessing we have very different ideas about camping. I'm lucky to live out west where I can camp out in the backcountry with no neighbors and enjoy the night for what it is. Not to say I never make a fire but it's rare and small when I do.

craig333

Expedition Leader
I have an early version. Its not just the restrictions. I was camped one night and the wind was howling. There were no fire restrictions but my own. I wouldn't risk a fire in those conditions. Propane fire is just the ticket.

STREGA

Explorer
Been using one for about 5 years, way more convient than a woodfire when youre ready to go to bed just turn the valve closed no worries about embers blowing around, in the morning the wife loves to drink her coffee by it and warm up, then turn it off, let it cool down for a few minutes and pack it away. Also you don't smell like smoke after using it is another side benefit. The first time I saw one was on the White Rim where ground campfires are not allowed and was sold on the idea ever since

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior