Proline bumpers - beware

Wareagle

Observer
Guys,

I feel need to share my 8-9 month long nightmare with Proline Elite rear bumper,

Missing lights - paid never delivered

Missing front runner table - paid never delivered

Missing Hi-lift mount - offered for free due to issues. Never delivered

Missing compressor mount - offered for free due to issues. Never delivered.

8 month order cycle. Estimate was 4-6 weeks. Was supposed to pickup in Doral in mid-March. Did not ship until mid-Sept.

Powder coat is bad. Several bare spots.

1” Spindle. Website stated 1-3/4. Delay was due to wait for better spindle. They shipped cheaper model without discussing.

Cheap stamped steel spindle cap. Machined cap on old spindle is much nicer.

Tire swingout has fitment issues quite flimsy.

Receiver drop has fitment issues

Fitment to frame, body, doors is not top,tier. Hammer is required.

Spare tire swingout is horrible. You must lift tire to latch. Tons of highway vibrations. .

Install took 8 extra hours vs estimate due to fitment issues. Had to have fabricator install.

I strongly recommend that folks never consider this company. They are terrible.

moose545

Can you specify for what model/year this was for, thanks for the info though. Hopefully it saves others headache down the road. I know the Dobinsons for the Prado 150 isn't a walk in the park for the GX460, and that's pretty standard from what I learned, but what you've mentioned isn't acceptable.

Wareagle

Observer
2018 4Runner. Also, I still haven’t received lights or front runner table. Lots of promises to fix issues and send missing items. Very frustrated

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Nah, I sold the Trooper about 2 years ago... young guy from Colorado Springs flew out and picked it up. Last I heard he is having fun with it. I miss it but after the 5.38s blew on the front end I was done and wanted something a bit newer... getting too old for marathon wrenching sessions.

Wareagle

Observer
I hear you. I just sold the 2000 100 series that we Had owned Forever. It was built and only had 150k miles, but wheeling style had changed a bit. We were taking 200 or T4R on more trips. I decided to build T4R and sell the 100.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior