Project XXX

XXXpedition

Explorer
ok, since you asked i took another pic to clearify...
IMGP3094.jpg

just had to wait for the rain to stop :)

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hey man,

It's been a while since we've seen anymore updates.
I have just one more measurement question - how tall is the whole Jeep from the ground to the very top of your roof rack? (or maybe even to the top of the spare when it's sitting up there)

I'm curious about clearance for a shipping container with the 35s and lift :)

Thanks again,

-Dan

XXXpedition

Explorer
@ dan:
it's about 240 cm - 94" to the top of the spare cans - the spare tire is a bit less - not quite sure, how much...
IMG_5924.JPG

@bobdog:
you're welcome ;-)
@ jeepthreat:
thanks!

teaser:
went out last weekend to shoot some action pics.
to be posted soon...
;-)

Last edited:

XXXpedition

Explorer
ok, before i show some action shots (even if they're just mild action ;-))
i show you guys a new mod i did recently...
tailgate bags:
i was tired of stuff stuffed under the rear seats
IMG_5915.JPG

XXXpedition

Explorer
here a few pics from last weekend. we went out to the woods and actually managed to get some 4x4ing in...
nothing spectacular, but hey - we're in germany... ;-)
IMG_5929.JPG

IMG_5838.JPG

IMG_5881.JPG

IMG_5894.JPG

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Sweet!

Wow...
Now THAT is some beautiful countryside! So how far from Grafenwoehr/Vilscht(sp??sorry) are you? I should be there by the 1st quarter of the year and we should really get together and do some wheeling! Thats if you don't mind wheeling with an "antique" Jeep CJ!

Viggen

Just here...
Did you just use a trailer connector? I was debating doing something like this on my Disco except having the plug in the rear of the truck below the rain gutter line. Its not to be easily disconnected like yours but for a cleaner routing of the wiring.

XXXpedition

Explorer
Grafenwoehr
is about 2,5 hours north
Did you just use a trailer connector?
yep, bought a 6-pole trailer plug in the USA (they're too big in europe). it's not intended for horizontal use but with a lot of (saltwater) boat-greeze it works
how are you? I will send you an Email in the next Days.
doing well - if it only were a bit warmer ;-). watching out for the mail...
Now THAT is some beautiful countryside!
yes, but i prefer deciduous forest (and lots of it isn't) and the weather sucks here - especially this year.
IMG_5905.JPG

IMG_5932.JPG

there are a few deciduous trees, too - i tried to get 'em all for my pics :):
IMG_5898.JPG

Last edited:

Viggen

Just here...
yes, but i prefer deciduous forest (and lots of it isn't) and the weather sucks here - especially this year.

I loved it when I lived there. I was down in Wurzburg for 4 years. If I could find a way to get back there and have work, Id be there.

XXXpedition

Explorer
I loved it when I lived there. I was down in Wurzburg for 4 years. If I could find a way to get back there and have work, Id be there.
funny you say that...
if my wife would be game, i'd go back to california in an instand - would even still have a great job there.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
@ dan:
it's about 240 cm - 94" to the top of the spare cans - the spare tire is a bit less - not quite sure, how much...

Ouch, a standard size 20' container has a door of about 228cm (SOME people say 235cm).. I'll have to watch that one if I build a JK.

(Thanks for the info)

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz