Project Victory_Overland 08 LR3 Build Thread!

Ray_G

Explorer
Start with the driver’s side on a LHD truck....will be very interested to see the price point there!

Thats the plan; LHD side first. Depending on this first mock-up goes, the access might be from the outside and inside. Weather sealing on the gull-wing door is going to be the biggest challenge. Gotta finish the slider first and then work my way to the overhead storage tray.

purseon

Great advice........I like it. Yeah would be a bad idea to just go with a tight loop carpet back too and then use the industrial hook on the pouches cuz we know that sticks to anything like that.

Molle is nice to hook up with ease but nothing quick about disconnect; velcro is fast and easy all around for initial and reconfiguring and grab and go type stuff. I think I made my mind up on that part.

FYI, I am in the works of designing aluminum gull-wing windows for the 3rd row rears on the LR3/4. I am starting with one side and will have an aluminum cut out and OEM commercial variant style for Phase I testing. I'll be looking for people who have the balls to remove their windows as well for crowd-sourcing reviews. wink wink, hint hint.

Did you make the full wing rear windows yet? Was thinking about that myself.

I have not been doing much with Victory mods over the last month or so; as a matter of fact there has been some significant changes in the way forward in my life with options and such that are spectacular. These changes have opened up some opportunities to me that have been something I have been waiting a long time for and require me to trim some of the other things in my life.

On that note, it is with great enthusiasm that I am looking to "potentially" put Victory up for sale and off to a new home!

With that said, most of you know the history of Victory's build and, how she started and where she is today; I have not decided on a number just yet that will make sense to me but if she does go up for sale, she's coming with every option and part I have available for her outside of my NL Fridge/Freezer and the camp gear I carry with her.

From the RTT to the tread touching the dirt/tarmac below you and all factory parts to return her to bone stock would come with!

******NO, I will not part out so if it bolted to her, it comes with the vehicle sale.

On that note, I have a few other trips lined up for her this year so I keep on driving her and as most of you know she spends a lot of time on the roads less traveled and is not a daily driver but could be I guess if you one wanted.

I have not decided 100% just yet as I have a great history with this vehicle and she is well built and surely has been the best vehicle I have ever owned; just last weekend was another spectacular trip to the mountains before winter season approaches.

Over the next few nights I'll post up a list of 99.9% of the condition/configuration; the remaining .1% is because I have too much to list and probably will miss something somewhere along the way!

TO BE CONT...........

Last edited:
Been a bit since I last posted but Victory is still running strong in Beast Mode! After some strong and welcomed advice from @Ray_G I’ve made the move to coils. Went with the AB HD kit and initial reviews are that it’s a solid choice all around. @Ray_G advised the addition upgrade to rear coils from another vender but at this time I am staying with the AB HD setup until I have the loads and trail time configurations dialed in.

Victory is significantly lighter in the ****** due to the removal of rear seats and install of the aluminum platform; additionally my CG is fairly close to neutral as all of weight is midline freeing up much needed gross weight for the trail equipment under the platform. I plan to put her on the aircraft scales for CG next time I fully configure for trail and see where she stands.

On that note, coils are definitely heavier compared to the bags but, the full EAS delete is estimated to equal out or be better than what the full compliment of EAS equipment installed. Quite possible the air reservoir will go back in once I modified it for onboard air valve from the ARB compressor to allow for higher, on demand flows that the ARB can’t produce; more to follow.

Now that I have full measurements and specs of the factory EAS and known spring rates, I’ll be able to work the coil-over upper mounts to open up options for additional brand coil overs such as King, ARB, Fox, etc...

Capped off the height sensors today and need to pull them off the truck before I flash the ECU for coils but that’s pretty easy. Anyone needs EAS parts, let me know and we can work out a deal; I believe the compressor has an internal leak or failure as it’s cycling all the time even with the bags capped off. Air bags have about 85k on them and no overnight sag

9F946F0A-DAA6-4618-A6F3-7C89FDE95600.jpeg
661BAF00-7C33-4963-B8F9-2868DAC79436.jpeg
I can’t understand why anyone needs more full-time ground clearance and full suspension travel and specs than this. I usually ran +25-30mm (1inch +/-) for 95% of my trail use (almost never in off-road height) on the GAP; this coil configuration is near perfect ride height and possibly maybe even a tad too tall for my pref which may lose a bit of travel in the end. 25-50mm increase with the 17” wheel mod and LT265 allows for full compression in the wells and full extension; call me crazy.

As always, thanks @Ray_G for the sage advice!

Nuff said; here she is......Victory 1.5! Trail reports to follow.

51987934-78D5-4C74-BAC6-BA5D9A2829A4.jpeg

It goes without saying and with a heavy heart; Victory will go up for sale this weekend. I am starting another airplane build project and upgrading to a Merc Sprinter Van later in the year.........assuming Sleepy Joe, Newsome, and their rolling circus get their ******** together.

:ROFLMAO:Of course, she is highly modified, but I have all of the original interior, take-off parts, and overland kit that is "bolted" to the vehicle. The rack, awning, and ARB RTT will go with the sale for the right price; I'll likely keep the tent, but it's an option for the right price. If the new owner wants to go back to 100% stock, he/she should bring a trailer, box van, strong arms, and a fat wallet that will be much thinner after you leave with Victory and all of her spare parts; new and used.

Expect full pics and specs by tomorrow morning as I have a few interior pics to take yet and need to clear out the from under the sleeping platform and my lockable center console.

Read through the build log in the previous 26 pages and shoot me a PM for any questions or offers before the price goes up live on Classifieds, eBay, etc.

Do your research, and please do not waste my time or yours or anyone else's on this forum.

She just turned 145k and running like a champ! It will come with a fresh fluid change from the engine to diffs; trans has another 25k to go, so you're welcome, and no, I'm not doing it early; however, the good news is I have the XMSN filter mod with removable pan and separate filter so its super easy.

Will consider trade and cash for old school RRC; you know, the years that will legally stuff a Cummins diesel.

I'll put a pro/cons list up with all of the goods/bads and openly disclose all as I have on this build forum over the last few years.

I DO NOT NEED TO SELL, SO, NO, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE LEVERAGE IN THE OFFER. The good news is, I know she will sell and go to a great home, so I want to start here first, where enthusiasts hang their hats.

Thanks in advance...........more picts to follow! FYI, going for the award for "Oldest and most warn out Trasharoo!"

IMG_4425.jpg
IMG_4426.jpg
IMG_4430.jpg
IMG_4432.jpg

Happy Monday………FOR SALE Today!

Read the .PDF, everything in the photos included except propane and Scepter tanks; not opposed to throwing them in I guess.

PM Directly……….
56D64770-F989-41BC-AFCE-F209750137F9.jpeg
D2FC5B18-BBA9-400E-8FE0-67510F8DF6C3.jpeg
FEC1A7F3-FA56-48B8-9B9C-128A32F136FB.jpeg
9920CF9D-DCDA-466E-A22D-DCC1DB2EEF04.jpeg
B1377DA4-5B12-4E22-BDB7-4506F8A96995.jpeg
20237694-8A8D-4146-AA63-DDF70E93B1AD.jpeg
3C5DC469-0CC8-4930-88F9-5AE8B689DB98.jpeg

E0F49C03-9969-4B6B-B579-47E0543E84F4.jpeg
2E720E90-7F03-4A31-8A7F-CE673F7A7D3A.jpeg

Attachments

• Victory For Sale.pdf
    124 KB · Views: 14
SOLD SOLD SOLD! Stay tuned for my next build.

Please welcome Blake (new owner in Austin, TX) into the community and forums; I'm sure he'll be carrying the adventures along nicely!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles