Project MULE - Expedition build on a 1991 1500 4x4 Suburban

BCHauler

Adventurer
I think a weld-it-yourself bumper kit is a great idea.

On the photoshopped photo - just my opinion but I think the rig looks great with the two-tone blue and white. If its mine, I wouldn't change that. That first photo really looks great.

PMA4x4

Adventurer
I have had a few recommend to stay with the factory two tone white. but we have decided to go with the solid blue with black lower trim and accents.

PMA4x4

Adventurer
I used roughly 128ft 7. I have not weighted it yet the the 72x52 I just built weighed in at 68.6lbs. This one is 100"x52" I am guessing it will be around 100lbs. I will weigh it this week.

warwgn

Explorer
it that a light bar at the front?

I like how it is turning out, best thing with the cross bars vs expanded metal you can get up there and wash the roof. I made the mistake of going expanded metal on the last one I built (first one too) and could only spray the roof on my blazer, could not get a sponge or rag on it. I wont make that mistake this time. Anyway it is looking really good, I like it alot!!

PMA4x4

Adventurer
it that a light bar at the front?

I like how it is turning out, best thing with the cross bars vs expanded metal you can get up there and wash the roof. I made the mistake of going expanded metal on the last one I built (first one too) and could only spray the roof on my blazer, could not get a sponge or rag on it. I wont make that mistake this time. Anyway it is looking really good, I like it alot!!

Light bar on the front of the roof rack? Yes. I plan on running 42" LED light bars up front. As for the crossbars I am also installing a sheet of 16ga Aluminum over the crossbars.

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Hats off to ORD (Off Road Design)

I had purchased a Chevy shackle flip kit from another member on the CK5 Forums. Now, He had purchased them from ORD and never used them. I bought them from him and found out they were the wrong ones They should have been 4" when the ones I had on hand were the 2.5" He didn't even know he had the wrong ones until I spotted it. He contacted Chris Holick of ORD and I sent an email as well, This is where it gets good. Chris verified that in fact my seller did receive the wrong ones and would exchange them with me across the board. ORD even shipped them to me with no shipping charge.

Now this story is something you do occasionally see and its always nice to be reminded of great customer service. BUT... Chris honored a sale from 2005! That's right he corrected the parts and shipped them to the new owner (me) from a 8 year old sale!

I say this, if you own a Chevy or GMC and want to build it, give Chris over at Off Road Design he will take care of you for sure!

http://www.offroaddesign.com/index.htm

PMA4x4

Adventurer
Well the body is off for paint and I am here wet-sanding the hood.NOT!

After that I have the Moon visor, grille, gutters, side mirrors and vents to sand. Oh...joy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne