Project JKURV

Boat.man

Builder of Jeep stuff
I have been out to Easter Jeep Safari sense Monday and what a blast! I was able to show with the jeep with the fine folks at Off Road Only at the Quadratech show on Tuesday and had fantastic feedback!
The storage system has been holding up perfectly! I have been out on trail rides like Hells Revenge and a LOT of rough roads, NO squeaks or rattles! I will be in town until tomorrow if anyone wants to meet up shoot me a PM!

Last edited:

rustypayne

No I used to own a little boat dealership. Just love to fix and make stuff.

I am following my dreams and quiet my job a few weeks ago to pursue this passion of mine!

Congratulations and best of luck! Is that the reason for the future CNC?

I quit to pursue an online business about 15 years ago and never looked back, it's been wonderful. I was younger then and all my friends working 8-5 envied the freedom I had to travel only needing to find some internet during the day... fast forward and I'm now older and envy all my retired friends travelling around while I have to find internet every day :)

Boat.man

Builder of Jeep stuff
Congratulations and best of luck! Is that the reason for the future CNC?

I quit to pursue an online business about 15 years ago and never looked back, it's been wonderful. I was younger then and all my friends working 8-5 envied the freedom I had to travel only needing to find some internet during the day... fast forward and I'm now older and envy all my retired friends travelling around while I have to find internet every day :)

Thank you!

The CNC machine is a interesting story... I was looking at buying a custom closet franchise. After 6 months of research looking at how they design the closet for the customer and the wholesale cost of the of the product itself along with all the franchise fees there was very little profit left. Thats when I started looking at what it would take to make closets myself, enter CNC router. At the same time I was talking to a buddy that owns a small manufacturing company and wanted his opinion of my Jeep kitchen. His response was "you should be producing these on a CNC machine"

That was lighting bolt moment that I needed.

I have been looking for an business opportunity that I can run pretty much solo out of my shop using my knowledge and tools that I already have and this seems to be the perfect fit!

It is making me very nervous as I do not have much CAD/CAM experience but there is a lot of support out there and many other local CNC owners have been very helpful and offer to assist me with design!

This is the machine I have on order!

rustypayne

Thank you!

The CNC machine is a interesting story... I was looking at buying a custom closet franchise. After 6 months of research looking at how they design the closet for the customer and the wholesale cost of the of the product itself along with all the franchise fees there was very little profit left. Thats when I started looking at what it would take to make closets myself, enter CNC router. At the same time I was talking to a buddy that owns a small manufacturing company and wanted his opinion of my Jeep kitchen. His response was "you should be producing these on a CNC machine"

I have been looking for an business opportunity that I can run pretty much solo out of my shop using my knowledge and tools that I already have and this seems to be the perfect fit!

It is making me very nervous as I do not have much CAD/CAM experience but there is a lot of support out there and many other local CNC owners have been very helpful and offer to assist me with design!

That is an impressive piece of hardware!

BradS

Thank you!

View attachment 512779
Not saying that it'd be all that practical for me, since Canada may as well be located in the center of the Pacific Ocean as far as getting things out of the US in a reasonable amount of time and $$, but a hole in the market that I see is a kitchen of the Ikea variety. Nobody out there is supplying an "assembly required", Ikea format. What you've assembled here looks fantastic. I especially like your pass through drawer behind the seats. Brilliant use of space. The new Rivian electric truck has a pass-through that looks very similar in function.
Get it out there for people to assemble and then finish it to whatever style they want, wrapping it in fiberglass like you, bedliner, natural wood or shag carpet. Perhaps the cost of supplying a ready to assemble kit would again be pretty prohibitive. Probably why it doesn't exist.
I love what you've done anyway. Koodos.

Boat.man

Builder of Jeep stuff
Not saying that it'd be all that practical for me, since Canada may as well be located in the center of the Pacific Ocean as far as getting things out of the US in a reasonable amount of time and $$, but a hole in the market that I see is a kitchen of the Ikea variety. Nobody out there is supplying an "assembly required", Ikea format. What you've assembled here looks fantastic. I especially like your pass through drawer behind the seats. Brilliant use of space. The new Rivian electric truck has a pass-through that looks very similar in function.
Get it out there for people to assemble and then finish it to whatever style they want, wrapping it in fiberglass like you, bedliner, natural wood or shag carpet. Perhaps the cost of supplying a ready to assemble kit would again be pretty prohibitive. Probably why it doesn't exist.
I love what you've done anyway. Koodos.

Thank you so much!
That is my plan in a nutshell!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles