Project "Great Basin G"

Here in the Great Basin it is hot and dry about half of the year. To fight the heat I added a 99" awning from CVT. While the awning came with mounting brackets, I purchased awning mounting brackets from Baja Rack because they provide a more secure mounting system and they are compatible with my Baja Rack. It only took about 1 hour to install the awning. I can see this becoming one of my favorite mods.

12003503733_4e764a222a_b.jpg

12003581724_abc5d060ed_b.jpg

12003572774_e155e35468_b.jpg

McBride

Adventurer
Here in the Great Basin it is hot and dry about half of the year. To fight the heat I added a 99" awning from CVT. While the awning came with mounting brackets, I purchased awning mounting brackets from Baja Rack because they provide a more secure mounting system and they are compatible with my Baja Rack. It only took about 1 hour to install the awning. I can see this becoming one of my favorite mods.

12003503733_4e764a222a_b.jpg

12003581724_abc5d060ed_b.jpg

12003572774_e155e35468_b.jpg

Nice!

Is the CVT awning easy to deploy. Does it seem to be built well?

Also, don't run over the white cat (pic #3).

Thanks.

William

Nice!

Is the CVT awning easy to deploy. Does it seem to be built well?

Also, don't run over the white cat (pic #3).

Thanks.

William

It is my first awning but it appears to be well built. I have had the CVT tent for a while and it has been a fantastic tent. The Awning appears to come from the same supplier. It has aluminum poles and an aluminum frame. The cover is a heavy duty water proof material. The awning is secured by 3 buckles that hold the awning in place and then you have a heavy duty cover that zips closed. You have a 3" aluminum rail that runs the length on the awning that mounts the awning to vehicle.

Yeah, that's ********** in pic #3. She came with the house. Usually she sleeps in her Kat House but it was a nice day, so she made it off the porch. She is a good little mouser and she also catches snakes around the yard. I hate snakes, I am lucky to have her.

McBride

Adventurer
Thanks,

I'm in the market for one and have been asking around. Something simple, quick, light and sturdy. I'll check them out. Thanks again.

stevegsmith

Observer
Whoa whoa whoa! Jeremy was just the first to SAY something about the orange signals...not the first to notice! :ylsmoke:

swb

Observer
The awning is one of my favourite additions, although I have now had to move mine from this photo, to the other side, since fitting the snorkel. I am going to get a shorter one (2.1m) so I can put it back on the driver side which also wraps-around over the rear area too.
Mine is ARB brand and looks identical, like most of the chinese ones around now.

Yours is very well positioned, not hanging over the edge like mine. So its less likely to get catch on overhanging bushes and trees in forest trails.

IMG_1156.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles