Project Budget Beater

98dango

Expedition Leader
the last 2 pictures where taken 2 miles from town in Cody WY. I run up there for a short morning hike at least once a week.

98dango

Expedition Leader
hay its the best led lights i could get with short notice for 20 bucks. I thought the blue would be easier on the eyes than white.

98dango

Expedition Leader
My dad is still trying to talk me in to 5" lift and 37 military tires. I have for sure come to the conclusion that a lift is needed as I have been Hung up twice. But I can't sell my self on 37" tires. His big push is lower rpm at cursing speed. I worry about rolling resistance and wind drag.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I like the way your truck is coming along Dango! I dont know if the lights in the canopy are my taste, but like someone said you can always have a disco back there with those leds flashing. Keep up the good work, and lets see if the truck does get some lift and big tires....:)

bftank

Explorer
My dad is still trying to talk me in to 5" lift and 37 military tires. I have for sure come to the conclusion that a lift is needed as I have been Hung up twice. But I can't sell my self on 37" tires. His big push is lower rpm at cursing speed. I worry about rolling resistance and wind drag.

airplane pilot voice, "uhhhhh, folks thank you for flying with us to day, please sit back and enjoy the ride, and cover the ears of any children, we are approaching cursing speed!" awesome!!

i think if you changed to a 37 you would probably want to go a little deeper with the gears. i like the idea of 37's but 5" is too much. if its a beater, get the 37's and trim to fit. maybe a zero rate block to get the tire out of the rear of the fenders.

edit: actually nevermind me, you probably have 4.10's with that sm465, and 37's look like they would work well with that. and your original idea of going with a 52 front and shackle flip would work great. and keep it reasonably low. let me know if you do, i have a b52 kit from diy4x i am not going to use and a dana 44 flattop knuckle for crossover steering. do you ever get down into colorado?

Last edited:

98dango

Expedition Leader
You are correct I have 4-10s that is actuly the reason I chose this truck.

I do plan on the 52s and a flip I estmate that will give me 5".

I can get to colorado any time.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well a while back a friend gave me some Stuff to use as insulation in my topper. With out June trip fast approching and me board I did a little insulation.

I was told this stuff is used as a bottom layer on fiber optic cable spools. Its coragated plastic with a foam plastic on the back I figured its free and easy to work with so if it dosent help im not out any thing.

98dango

Expedition Leader
well this has been all the things worked on this week mostly been building my lil sisters truck factory stock mud bogger.

005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg002.jpg003.jpg001.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Looking good Dango! You are the master at getting budget stuff to work. I like the progress and its great to follow along with your pics. Cheers, Chilli.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94