Project Bird Hunter

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
I had the PRO's, but they were terrible on ice and slick pavement, and with my commute to work, i needed more winter friendly tire. These MAXX's have always impressed me on my diesel, and continue to impress me on the XJ. I loved the PRO's Otherwise. Quiet on the highway, held good when aired down, awesome mountain tire.

Well ****. Thats not really what I wanted to hear...

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
There is no mud tire good in winter. Its the opposite of what they were designed for. There is little siping, maybe enough for water, but no where near what is needed for ice and packed snow. AT-W is a much better winter tire....I have 2 sets of wheels and tires....because of this.

kojackJKU

HOw do you like the ARone? We are looking at the 15rb with extreme package for this year...but I want to get some first hand reactions first.

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
There is no mud tire good in winter. Its the opposite of what they were designed for. There is little siping, maybe enough for water, but no where near what is needed for ice and packed snow. AT-W is a much better winter tire....I have 2 sets of wheels and tires....because of this.

Agreed. Ive found the MAXX to be a good compromise of both.

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
HOw do you like the ARone? We are looking at the 15rb with extreme package for this year...but I want to get some first hand reactions first.

Love it so far. the 15 was jsut a bit small for us, and i wanted the fold out tent in the back. Make sure to get the extreme package. lift, more insulation, solar ready and enclosed underbelly.

kojackJKU

Yeah I know. The 15 is perfect for us with the fold out bed, our son gets that bed, and we will take the front bunk. works great for us without being to big. And yeah on the extreme package. That's the first box getting ticked off!

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
Pretty good. Some creaks, pops and thuds to work out. Need gears though. 3.55's even in 4lo were a bit high to climb over some ledges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne