Project "Autonomous" F-350

Chorky

Observer
Common sense is no longer common. ? Most articles are written for people who don't know. ;)

agreed. But everyone starts somewhere though. I kinda get annoyed with these articles but then remember these new fancy vehicles with high tech off road settings can get some people into serious trouble...hopefully this sorta article reaches out to people before they 100% trust some electronics and get in a bad spot.

Paul B.

Adventurer
agreed. But everyone starts somewhere though. I kinda get annoyed with these articles but then remember these new fancy vehicles with high tech off road settings can get some people into serious trouble...hopefully this sorta article reaches out to people before they 100% trust some electronics and get in a bad spot.

Like, during your Death Valley excursion, trusting your GPS when it tells you can get to the Saline Valley from the Racetrack, via the Lippincott Road....in a sub-compact sedan. (This really happened recently.)

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I've been super slammed with work, but I dug out the envelopes I was given by the previous owner of my trailer. They were loaded with original brochures, owners manuals for all the appliances, and some sales literature. I talked to a friend who restores old trailers and she said I had a real gem. I guess I stumbled onto something cool without really knowing it.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I love how it is pictured being towed with what I believe is a mid / late 60's Oldsmobile. Back when you could tow 7,000 lbs with a car.....
That's definitely an Oldsmobile. According to the brochure, the weight of the camper is 5400lbs. The tongue weight it 475lbs. You would need some Gabriel Hijacker air shocks in the rear. :D

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I started to pull the parts off the old Lance slide in. Between the jacks, windows, and swamp cooler I think it was worth the $200 I spent on it.

The front roof hatch is an escape hatch. The whole thing opens like a door.

The swamp cooler. I have to take it all apart, clean it up, and probably modify it with a modern fan, and pump.

It was scary sitting on the roof to get the swamp cooler out.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I was only gone for 5 minutes! :oops:

So much work! I wish they put as much effort into reinforcing the corners where the jacks mount as they did stapling the siding on. Half the wood was rotten. It took a screw gun, screwdrivers, chisels, and pry bars. And this.

Brought to you by Falken tires. :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles