Project "Autonomous" F-350

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
BTW, It's so nice to have sources for information about the vehicles we drive, and build. I have learned so much from this site, and I am fortunate to know great people throughout the automotive world. The friend who found my 205 transfer case for me is none other than Todd Zuercher. He is an authority on Ford Broncos and recently published a book on the history of the Ford Bronco. If you are a Ford owner like me, you might want to check it out. You can get it online. https://www.amazon.com/Ford-Bronco-History-Fords-Legendary/dp/1613254148

Last edited:

Seabass

Idiot
You’re a mess! I thought you were doing the U-Haul custom thing!?!? I think that you and I have much in common.....there’s no project like any project!

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
You’re a mess! I thought you were doing the U-Haul custom thing!?!? I think that you and I have much in common.....there’s no project like any project!

The Uhaul is a complicated build that will take some time. I got this because I am tired of staying in hotels at the races. Hundreds of dollars for a place to sleep, and a toilet. This camper will pay for itself at the first race. The only downside is that I can't go to all the regular places with the camper. Time to get my TW200 registered, and myself licensed.

VroomSIX

Any progress on the inline 6? Also, thought you had a pop-up camper already? Sorry if I missed something already posted.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Any progress on the inline 6? Also, thought you had a pop-up camper already? Sorry if I missed something already posted.

I have a pile of parts that need machining in order to put the 6'er together. They are at a friends who will do them when he gets a chance. (He works 2 jobs :oops:). I sold my pop-up to another Expo member. The issue I had was the mattress in the upper bunk. Because the top comes down, there are only a few inches available for the mattress. It was just too uncomfortable for my tastes. I was only sleeping down below so I had to keep moving stuff around all the time; it became a pain in the neck.

Seabass

Idiot
Just wanted to give you a hard time Mike. I always thought a hard side would be enjoyable to use- but didn't think it would be any fun off-road. But there's a thread here at the portal for people doing just that. The U-Haul camper will be really awesome when you get it done. But custom usually means time. Hope the new camper gets you some ease at your work man.

VroomSIX

I have a pile of parts that need machining in order to put the 6'er together. They are at a friends who will do them when he gets a chance. (He works 2 jobs :oops:). I sold my pop-up to another Expo member. The issue I had was the mattress in the upper bunk. Because the top comes down, there are only a few inches available for the mattress. It was just too uncomfortable for my tastes. I was only sleeping down below so I had to keep moving stuff around all the time; it became a pain in the neck.
Gotcha, yea comfort on the road is #1 for me too. As soon as I went to a memory foam mattress I never looked back.

What specs did you figure out for the motor? Have you thought about running one of those TBI bolt on injection systems like a Holley Sniper or FiTech? I’m curious to see how they would work on a big 6.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Gotcha, yea comfort on the road is #1 for me too. As soon as I went to a memory foam mattress I never looked back.

What specs did you figure out for the motor? Have you thought about running one of those TBI bolt on injection systems like a Holley Sniper or FiTech? I’m curious to see how they would work on a big 6.

What specs? It has an aftermarket intake, headers, an HEI distributor, and will run a serpentine belt. Fuel mileage will be the goal so a TBI is probably how I will go. The correct distributor drive gear needs to be bored to fit the 300 HEI distributor shaft. I need to modify the bore size of the serpentine pulley to locate on the water pump, and the input shaft housing on the transmission needs to be turned down so the hydraulic slave cylinder will fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles