Project "Autonomous" F-350

java

Expedition Leader
The cheap harbor freight spray guns are surprisingly good, I used one the $10 smaller one to do some auto body work.

I'm interested to see how the steel-it holds up as well! Sure looks nice. No local distributors to me though.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

In reading all info for Steel-It, it appears the parts have to be rust free and all paint has to be removed. That pretty much rules it out for me using it on the underside for the Bronco. The other products can be applied over factory coatings and surface rust as long as it is free of grease,oils, and flaking rust. I still like the idea of coating my bumpers, sliders, and roll cage with Steel-It.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Thanks for the replies. I have been swamped with work. I was at KOH on Saturday shooting UTV qualifying; now I'm trying to crank out press releases from the Parker 425. There was a little bit of paint left on my bumper before I painted it, this is just a test. I will have to pull the bumper off to put on the uhaul. If I have any issues I can make repairs and coat the back side.

A couple from KOH.

Healeyjet

Explorer
Ah Mike, you're killing me!
I have to get to KOH next year.
I have been checking the race schedule for the next month and I can't see anything happening. We leave tomorrow for AZ and CA and would love to go watch some desert racing. Any thoughts?
Ward

Wilbah

Adventurer
So cool....I really love your pics! Really great. And cool build too! I'm learning a LOT. Thanks very much for all the sharing you do.

Fantastic article on steering upgrades. I have already done the upgrade to Saginaw pump using the van bracket on the 460.

I have been debating what to do for cooling and you have solved my problem. I knew I wanted dual pass so that both my lines are on the same side and for the additional cooling.

Is that the transmission cooler too? I don't have to worry about that with the manual transmission.

Going to use the factory oil cooler for now. I think it will be big enough and I have a brand new one someone gave me.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Cool pictures,and a cool build.

Thanks Chet.

Fantastic article on steering upgrades. I have already done the upgrade to Saginaw pump using the van bracket on the 460.

I have been debating what to do for cooling and you have solved my problem. I knew I wanted dual pass so that both my lines are on the same side and for the additional cooling.

Is that the transmission cooler too? I don't have to worry about that with the manual transmission.

Going to use the factory oil cooler for now. I think it will be big enough and I have a brand new one someone gave me.

I was unable to find the saginaw bracket for the 460 around here; that saves a lot of work. The two coolers I have are for oil and power steering. If you wanted to cool the manual trans, I assume you would need some type of pump because the fluid is not under pressure. I know some types of racing have differential coolers. With a little research you could come up with something. I will just rely on the Maxima fluids I run. So far I have not had any heat issues with the manual transmission.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles