Project "Autonomous" F-350

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
How's work on the old 6 going?

It's been on hold since I have been traveling. I think I have most of the parts I need. Trying to figure out accessory mounting. It's a challenge because unlike a V8, there just aren't many available bolts on the motor. Originally, the engine had only a generator. I want power steering and AC. I was a little surprised to find out that the water pump bolt pattern was identical to the serpentine pulley that came off the F250. Right now I am in the shop installing new Bilstein struts on a Mini Cooper.

VroomSIX

Sweet, yea getting accessories on there might prove a challenge. You definitely have the space in the engine bay though, and I’m sure someone makes an accessory bracket for those engines. Maybe the guys over at Vintage Air might give you some ideas and direction? Also, a Mini Cooper on Bilstien’s sounds like a good time! :cool:

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Sweet, yea getting accessories on there might prove a challenge. You definitely have the space in the engine bay though, and I’m sure someone makes an accessory bracket for those engines. Maybe the guys over at Vintage Air might give you some ideas and direction? Also, a Mini Cooper on Bilstien’s sounds like a good time! :cool:

My laptop crashed a couple months ago. It had an old copy of solidworks on it. I don't have a cad program anymore or I'd whip one out. Time for some cardboard and hand work.

Seabass

Idiot
Skip the card board. Just start welding stuff together then butcher it with a cutting torch. It'll be fine......trust me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94