Project "Autonomous" F-350

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
I used to have an old magazine from the 70’s that explained brake pedal geometry and how to set up for power or manual, etc. Not sure what ever happened to it!

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
OH, New Format.

I need a cherry picker to pull the motor out of the Uhaul; it's going in the F250. I've been shopping for one for a couple weeks but didn't see anything that really floated my boat. So I called a friend to see if he had one I could borrow; since He did an engine swap on his Toyota. He tells me "come and get it and don't bring it back!" I guess that means he won't be helping me with the 460. Once I get the engine out I can start fitting up the transmission and see what needs to be done to get the clutch to work. Once the F250 is on the road, I can start swapping the 4wd drivetrain into the Uhaul. So anxious to get these projects back on track.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I went to an event at Glen Helen yesterday; the Jump Champs. It rained all morning so it turned into a mud pit. No problem for me since I always travel prepared for truck camping. I had boots, warm clothing, protective gear, tools, food, drinks, etc. I talked to other people at the event who were expecting warm, dry weather and were caught off guard. I don't know about all of you, but I get a real feeling of peace when I travel from knowing that I am prepared for whatever comes my way. I've learned that you can't always rely on modern conveniences, and you can get yourself in a bad situation by taking things for granted. Anyways, the event was fun despite the mud. There were mostly street driven vehicles out on the short course competing for the lowest elapsed time in each class. I especially liked this brick nose Ford, complete with awning and camper shell on back. The interior had a nice carpeted insert for sleeping. It makes we want to get my brick nose on the road.

Mikes_Race_Photo_MRP_4258.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
I don't know how people go out unprepared, I may over pack a bit..... But I'm generally comfortable!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles