Project "Autonomous" F-350

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I've been busy working and traveling. I spent some time at the AZ property.

I cleared a spot for the trailer with my little poop scooper shovel.
yucca 3.jpg

I took a drive down to the end of my street. There is a lot of water moving through here. This was one of 5 or so washes within a mile.
yucca 2.jpg

I gave the TracLoc a little work. I was too lazy to lock the hubs.
yucca 1.jpg

I got a great night's sleep with the sound of raindrops on the metal roof! I know I blew the rule of thirds on this shot. :eek:
yucca 4.jpg

Last edited:

UHAULER

Explorer
It's nearly been 5 years, you need to get moving on this build.
I bought a similar truck, a 94 with a 460,at not sure what i'm going to do, maybe a cab over camper or custom box
DSC00580copy.jpg

VroomSIX

Any updates on the inline six engine build?
Also, from previous posts suggestions I’d look into aftermarket fuel injection as well. You’re gonna want to eek every last drop of mpg’s out of that thing!

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Any updates on the inline six engine build?
Also, from previous posts suggestions I’d look into aftermarket fuel injection as well. You’re gonna want to eek every last drop of mpg’s out of that thing!

I have a bunch of the inline 6 parts out for machining. In order to run the HEI distributor, I needed the cam gear bored out to fit the shaft. I also needed to modify one of the accessory drive pulleys, and turn down the od of the transmission input shaft housing so the hydraulic slave cylinder will slide over it. Just minor things, but a friend is doing it for a favor so it's on his schedule. I've been having brake issues on the F350. I installed rear disc brakes and can't get the pedal to feel right. I ditched the rabs valve and went to a manual proportioning valve. I will be doing an article on it as soon as I can solve the squishy pedal issue. I encountered some clearance issues with the driveline on the Uhaul. The solution I have come up with is to run a divorced transfer case. I've been searching CL for a cheap one with no luck so far. I even have a GM married 205 that I would be willing to trade for a divorced Ford 205 if anyone is interested. This weekend will be KOH, so I will be busy covering all that mayhem. I have been to every KOH except the og run in '07. Since they added the utv race, I have missed the Parker 425 every year. Bummed about that, but I have to go where the paycheck is. I have a truck box that I need to mount some trailer axles to, so I can move it to AZ. It will be for storage on the property and eventually be a tiny house. So you can see I have a lot of things going on right now. o_O

VroomSIX

Wow, you are busy! The pedal feel my be related to the brake master cylinder. These were vacuum oprated, and tend to get weak over time. Consider a hydroboost conversion if budget allows. There’s a bleeder screw in the middle of the truck on the frame rail near the firewall. Sometimes mechanics don’t know it’s there and don’t bleed that too when doing brakes. Either way, you get the brakes working properly. That’s a heavy truck. Can’t wait to see some photos of KOH. Your photography is top notch (y)

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Wow, you are busy! The pedal feel my be related to the brake master cylinder. These were vacuum oprated, and tend to get weak over time. Consider a hydroboost conversion if budget allows. There’s a bleeder screw in the middle of the truck on the frame rail near the firewall. Sometimes mechanics don’t know it’s there and don’t bleed that too when doing brakes. Either way, you get the brakes working properly. That’s a heavy truck. Can’t wait to see some photos of KOH. Your photography is top notch (y)
The bleeder screw you are talking about is the rabs valve (rear abs). I removed it from the system as it only works intermittently. It has never helped me to avoid an accident, it always nearly causes one when it kicks in and the truck won't stop. I get the concept they were after, but I think knowing how to control your vehicle is much more effective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke