Project Alpha Bound II: Electric Boogaloo

Pretty excited to see what direction you go with the 80 series! Now that I've got 2 more passengers you've got me really curious how you go about sleeping 4. I know the CampTEQ opened up a lot of possibilities, but I'd love to see what you did.

I'm a little jealous! Daily driving my 4Runner has definitely taken it's toll over the past few years. I can't wait to get a beaterto get me to work and I can finally afford to work on this thing again. I've got a long list of stuff to tackle on it someday but I look forward to getting my kiddos involved when they're old enough to help.

Last edited:
Now that I’ve got 2 more passengers you’ve got me really curious how you go about sleeping 4. I know the CampTEQ opened up a lot of possibilities, but I’d love to see what you did.
This isn't a great picture, but it should give you the idea. You've seen the bench/box I have on the PS. DS middle and rear seats fold up so we can sleep one on the floor, one on the bench, and two up top. It's fine for sleeping but terrible for getting up in the middle of the night. We only did it a few times before my wife threw in the towel and said she wanted a ground tent. So we use her Subaru for family trips now.