programmable 12V switch panel w/ bluetooth interface

Last edited:

rayra

Expedition Leader
I think it's an interesting idea, but it's ridiculously overpriced. Just like most of the LED lightbar gear. $479 is the 'idiot Bro' price.

eta and it needs to be re-engineered so the mounting screws are hidden or in a baseplate that's hidden by the switch panel.

For what it offered I didn't think the cost was that bad. I work for a company with american made products and I know it cost more. but the quality of the wire and sheathing looks to be a step up. as far as mounting is concerned I though I could cut the shape of the panel out minus the side tabs and put the panel in from the back side. That way you will only see the two allen bolts.

If you don't mind putting it in its own enclosure http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8-Channe...89?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3382b4078d these do the same job for 1/10th the price. I have 15 of these (120 relays) in our truck controlling everything from the compressor to 3 way ball valves for the water system. Because of the price its cheap to keep a spare or three for when one eventually fails.

I like the option to have a push button switch as well as an app. can you do that with that one?

SMKYTXN

I have another option for you guys that are looking for something simpler. I looked at the programmable relays that were available and was disappointed to see that all of the relays were limited to 10amps. So I designed my own and had it built. I call it the NSA Switch Panel, no strings attached. The panel comes with; eight 30amp RF relays, a standard automotive fuse for each circuit built in, a waterproof enclosure, and a wiring harness. It's all wireless and radio frequency controlled for a greater range. There's nothing to put inside the cab except for the remote. I've sold a few so far and have been running mine for a year now. So there are options out there, take a look.

http://www.trailtoys.net/nsa-switch-panel.html

You have a total of eight switches, with eight different programming options;

1. Toggle
2. Momentary
3. Latched
4. Toggle (1-4), Momentary (5-8)
5. Toggle (1-4), Latched (5-8)
6. Momentary (1-4), Latched (5-8)
7. Toggle (1-6), Momentary (7-8)
8. Toggle (1-6), all on/off (7-8)

If you have any questions let me know.

Nathan

97502931c10243a630c5cb8a84bc4d9d

I have another option for you guys that are looking for something simpler. I looked at the programmable relays that were available and was disappointed to see that all of the relays were limited to 10amps. So I designed my own and had it built. I call it the NSA Switch Panel, no strings attached. The panel comes with; eight 30amp RF relays, a standard automotive fuse for each circuit built in, a waterproof enclosure, and a wiring harness. It's all wireless and radio frequency controlled for a greater range. There's nothing to put inside the cab except for the remote. I've sold a few so far and have been running mine for a year now. So there are options out there, take a look.

http://www.trailtoys.net/nsa-switch-panel.html

You have a total of eight switches, with eight different programming options;

1. Toggle
2. Momentary
3. Latched
4. Toggle (1-4), Momentary (5-8)
5. Toggle (1-4), Latched (5-8)
6. Momentary (1-4), Latched (5-8)
7. Toggle (1-6), Momentary (7-8)
8. Toggle (1-6), all on/off (7-8)

If you have any questions let me know.

Nathan

97502931c10243a630c5cb8a84bc4d9d

That is a cool option as well but for an extra $100.00 bucks you can have switches and bluetooth capability. and I really like the switches on the Switch-pros.

Darksoul

This a cool system, what would it take to do a physical switch version? The concept of the remote is good, but I'm a KISS sort of person, and I guarantee I would lose the remote, or drop it in the mud, or not have spare batteries for it, or something. I actually would prefer to just have a panel of analog switches somewhere.

SMKYTXN

That is a cool option as well but for an extra $100.00 bucks you can have switches and bluetooth capability. and I really like the switches on the Switch-pros.

I admit the switchpro switches are pretty nice, but the bluetooth option has a pretty small range. You're not going to pull yourself back up the hill with your winch cable with only a 30ft range.

SMKYTXN

This a cool system, what would it take to do a physical switch version? The concept of the remote is good, but I'm a KISS sort of person, and I guarantee I would lose the remote, or drop it in the mud, or not have spare batteries for it, or something. I actually would prefer to just have a panel of analog switches somewhere.

I have an order of spare remotes on the way for that oh **** moment. Just toss the spare in your glove box. More than likely you'll never need it.

I am considering building an analog version as well. My holdup is being able to maintain the programming, but I should be able to overcome that.

The driving factor behind the wireless only switch panel is the fact that newer vehicles have less and less space for a full switch panel. Some of us don't mind cutting holes in our rigs, but there are plenty that cringe at the thought. I'm just trying to give everyone a different option.

silver60th

I may be completely naive, but could you not create an analog version using the Bussmann RTMR? Pretty weatherproof, and you can run your entire switch bank through one connection.image.jpg

thedanielarthur

USB relay switch

Could you use this http://eeci.com/ar-8mfp.htm? It is only $50, along with their free Android app to control your switches via your tablet? Couple this with a fused spliter to a physical switch, and all your bases are covered. Or am I missing something? Seems like it is much cheaper than the other options presented in this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz