Problems with ome gen 3 lift

offthepath

Adventurer
I just installed an ome lift kit on my gen 3 montero. I got it from Sierra expeditions and called them to ask what front springs to get because I am planning on installing a winch, no bumper. They recommended the heavy duty 2915 springs, even though I was going to be a little under the recommended weights.

First thing I noticed is that the ome front springs are much taller than stock and I had to really comprass them to get them into the struts. Once installed I had 3 5/8 to 3 3/4in of lift!!! ******. It is just jammed against the lower bump stop. I knew they would be a little stiff with no winch yet but even my 215lb bouncing on the front of the car would not get them to give.

I installed the backs and no problem but it clearly is sitting nose high. A quick drive around the block showed something is very wrong with it bouncing over the curb and the suspension was total ridged.

I checked the box and the tag on the spring and both say 2915. I suppose I may have messed something up, but my inclination is that the springs are wrong and to long. From everything I have researched ome springs are the same or a little shorter than stock. The fronts were a good inch to inch and a half taller.

This is so irrating, no time coming up and now a vehicle that cannot be driven.

Here are the pictures I took. Is anything wrong?

offthepath

Adventurer
Well up at 430am and got it installed the right way. That was stupid......

But on the short drive to big o for an alignment it rode 100% better!!!

Good news is by the last side I had it down to about 35min. Lol.

offthepath

Adventurer
Picked the winch up from 4 wheel parts tonight. Hopefully I can get it mounted this weekend. I love the way the montero sits now. Anxious to get off road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior