Pro-4X Build Thread

gwhipp

Observer
I have not had any contact with the UCA. The ride is very nice and I would recommend the OME lift to anybody.

gwhipp

Observer
Here are some photos of my Rigid Industries 10" LED Light Bars. I got an excellent deal on them and installed them in the opening of the bumper.

Lights out.
IMG_0825.jpg

Low beams only.
IMG_0826.jpg

Low beams and fog lights.
IMG_0827.jpg

High beams only.
IMG_0828.jpg

High beams and two Rigid Industries 10" spot LED light bars.
IMG_0829.jpg

More pictures.

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

The ScanGauge II is mounted just below the heater controls.
IMG_0843.jpg

Here are some switches for controlling accessories.
IMG_0839.jpg

I found the LED illuminated rocker switches and mounting panel on ebay. The first switch controls the front facing LEDs, the middle is onboard air, and the last one is not attached to anything yet...but will control a aux backup/camping light.

gwhipp

Observer
Here are some more pictures that I snapped over the weekend.

This is the Nissan sliding toolbox. I raised it 3" above the normal height to get some clearance under it for skis, lumber, air tank, etc. The lid is slightly open, when it is closed, it seals nicely and keeps the elements out.
IMG_0853.jpg

Close up of the air tank. 2.5 gallon, 200 psi rated.
IMG_0854.jpg

Close up of the toolbox fuse box. The power cables are 2ga and run to the battery. I'd like dual batteries eventually.
Currently there is only the compressor hooked up, but there will be stuff in the future. I am just not sure what yet.
IMG_0855.jpg

Here is my Viair 380C compressor. It puts out a decent amount of air and is good up to 200 psi. I also have it plumbed to my airhorn.
IMG_0856.jpg

50' of airline connected to an ARB inflator. I highly recommend the inflator. ARB Tire Inflator with Gauge - Sierra Expeditions
IMG_0857.jpg

The ARB rear bumper is working great. I get a lot of complements on it.
IMG_0858.jpg

Aux backup light. It is connected to the 7-pin trailer harness.
IMG_0859.jpg

I relocated the trailer plug to be hidden behind the bumper.
IMG_0860.jpg

The power cables are routed along the passenger side rock sliders. They are held in place using the factory mounts for the step bars and some metal brackets/u-bolts. All the wires are running in separate heavy duty rubber garden hoses.
IMG_0861.jpg

And they all end in the engine compartment. In the lower left corner, you can see the 100 amp circuit breaker. The blue line is compressed air to the horn.
IMG_0863.jpg

Horn and lights in the front grill.
IMG_0867.jpg

I am always the driver and figured I could use a bit more room. I took out the back seat behind the driver and mounted a storage crate there instead. It is bolted down using the factory seat bolts. Also notice the flashlight attached to the crate with Quick Fists.
IMG_0868.jpg

The stock storage container is held in place with friction, but can be pulled out easily.
IMG_0870.jpg

The passenger rear seat has the child seat extension.
IMG_0871.jpg

Not anymore. I swapped the lower seat components.
IMG_0874.jpg

Coconut

Build looks good thus far. I like the location of your 200psi air tank. Keep the updates rollin' :smiley_drive:

gwhipp

Observer
New front bumper

As luck would have it, Hefty Fab Works needed a Frontier to mock up for a new bumper. And I happened to be traveling the week when they wanted the truck, so I have a new bumper now.

This is just a teaser photo from my phone. I'll snap some with my camera after I get the bumper painted.

1023101534.jpg

gwhipp

Observer
The bumper is made out of 3/16 plate steel. The overall build quality is amazing. If I decide down the road to do a 2" body lift, all I need to do is unbolt the bumper and move it up a notch. Forward thinking on the designers part.

The factory fog lights are retained. Also, the mounting locations for a winch are included.

RonapRhys

Adventurer
Hefty has been all over NewX since they built a bumper for hagausaf. They've got a group buy going on for 2nd Gen Xterras on front and rear bumpers. Their response and participation in the forum has been top notch. Pricing is in line with the other folks out there, they've got some design elements (the step back right next to the grill, the way the guards are cut) that make their bumpers stand out from the crowd, and delivery times are certainly acceptable for custom stuff.

gwhipp

Observer
Well, I finally got around to painting the bumper and reattaching my lights. It is currently just rattle canned because I plan on Line-Xing the bumper, fenders, part of the hood, rocker panels and rear bumper.

The Hefty Fabworks bumper is awesome. The lines match the factory ones very nicely. It weighs in at 127 pounds and the lower skid is about 32. The lower skid includes a oil filter access panel. Everything is made out of 3/16" steel.

I would recommend Hefty to anybody who is looking for a bumper.
Hefty Fabworks

IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

The light cutouts are designed for the factory fog lights, but I am sure that others would fit with a bit of custom work.

IMG_0920.JPG

The bumper is drilled and tapped for a front license plate. I attached my Rigid Industries to the top of the bumper by just drilling through it. Nothing special.

IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_0923.JPG

IMG_0924.JPG

gwhipp

Observer
Here are a couple daylight photos of the bumper. The other ones were from 0'dark thirty before work.

IMG_0940.JPG

IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0951.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles