Pro-4X Build Thread

gwhipp

Observer
I began my quest for a new truck last year. I finally found a Frontier that I like in Janurary of 2009.

2009 Frontier King Cab, Pro-4X, 6-speed, Technology Package.

The first mod was tinting the front windows to match the rest of the truck.

IMG_6506.JPG

Oh, I also installed the Nissan Garmin Nav unit. I bought the mount and upgraded to the Nuvi 760. (Pics are on my other computer)

Not long after that I removed all the badges from the tailgate and bed.

IMG_6508.JPG

I think it is just a cleaner look. No point in having all that extra chrome.
You can also see the Nissan truck box in the bed. There are 2 mounts for carrying bikes.

I ordered a new bumper from ARB as my Frontier didn't have a tow hitch.

Now I am setup for carrying what I want, but not yet for where I want to go. I ordered a complete set of skids from Shrockworks and also sliders.

I picked up a set of OME springs and struts for the front and PRG 2" blocks for the back.

All the parts arrived after a long wait.

Out with the old.

IMG_6514.JPG

IMG_6515.JPG

In with the new.

IMG_6517.JPG

IMG_6518.JPG

IMG_6520.JPG

IMG_6525.JPG

gwhipp

Observer
No more factory skids.

IMG_6521.JPG

IMG_6523.JPG

New Shrockworks skids.

IMG_6522.JPG

IMG_6529.JPG

Time for the lift. (Front)

IMG_6531.JPG
Before.

IMG_6532.JPG

IMG_6533.JPG
(Factory spring/strut on top. OME on the bottom)

IMG_6536.JPG
After.

More pics to follow.

gwhipp

Observer
Future mods include, but not limited to:

Shrockworks front bumper and winch.
OME rear lift kit.
Onboard air.

mcm4090

Explorer
I love the new PRO-4x. Got to love that ARB rear bumper too. Only bumper out there that gives the Frontier any bed side protection.

skibum315

Explorer
Saw this thread crosslinked by Mike from www.thenewx.org (Post #21), had to post as you're semi-local to me (I'm in South Denver). I'm really liking that rear bumper, too bad there's nothing like it for the XTerra.

Good luck with your build ... now back to lurking for me.

gwhipp

Observer
SkiBum: Isn't Colorado a great place to live/ski. =)

My build is going at a much slower place now. I hope to install my onboard air sometime over the holidays. More pics will follow.

DH2002: I bought my ARB bumper from Sierra Expeditions. It is not listed on the website, but give them a call and they will help you out. Great customer service. Link to Sierra Expeditions

MisterTinkle

Adventurer
DH2002: I bought my ARB bumper from Sierra Expeditions. It is not listed on the website, but give them a call and they will help you out. Great customer service. Link to Sierra Expeditions

gwhipp - Thanks for the link. I've been wanting a better rear bumper with side protection. I had thought about a custom bumper. Good to know this is available. BTW - are you a ragged ******** miner? :p

FlyingWen

Explorer
Thanks for the SE referral.

I am waiting for ARB to call me back regarding their next shipment to see if we could grab a few of these bumpers.

They sure are sexy! Anyone seen a part number?

gwhipp

Observer
I am a ragged *** miner. Colorado School of Mines, Mining Engineering, BSc 2007.

The part numbers are:

3638030 ARB Rear Step Bumper Nissan 06+
3538020 ARB REAR NAVARA PANEL KIT

The panel kit is the piece that fits above the bumper and it is where you mount the license plate.

silentsamurai

Explorer
Where does the license plate mount?

Nevermind. Saw the post about the 2nd part number.

Thanks,
Adam

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles